3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Anyone Install Limb Stations on a 1 Piece Recurve? Questions...  (Read 322 times)

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
Hey all,

I really like the Limbstations product from Onestringer.  A sponsor here, I believe.  I have bought their arrow wraps and Limbstations for years and have always been satisfied.
Also, one last thing, the customer service you get from Mindy and her Husband (owners) is second to NONE.  They are awesome.  I promise you that you'll be happy with your order and dealings with them.  Mindy will make sure of it, that I guarantee you.

Anyway, I have always used the Limbstations on my Takedown ILF rigs.  I use the snake skins.  They look great and I think they pretty up your rig significantly.

The other day I was trying to decide what one I would put on my TD Morrison ILF rig that I have when I noticed that these things might look really good on my 1970-71 Grizzly.  It is a brown colored riser with black glass, I think, and the limbstations I happened to be removing from my ILF rig were a brown snake pattern.  I took one of them and quickly applied it to the back of the  limb to see what it would look like.  To my surprise I thought it looked really good.  So, now I am going to install a new set on my TD and a set on my Grizzly.

The problem I am having with the Grizzly is where to cut it.  I can't put 1 great, big LONG limb station from tip to tip.  I don't have one of those and I think it would be really hard to get it straight if I did have one made like that.
I also have a piece of bike innertube that I rolled onto the grip section of my Grizzly to enhance the grip.  It works great too.

I'm wondering if anyone has used these limbstations on a 1 piece recurve and if you have, where did you start on the bottom when you installed them?  Did you start close to where the limb starts it's shape from the riser or did you go lower?

If you have any pics to better illustrate where to install them so that they'll look the best, I would really appreciate seeing them or at least hearing about where you put them on each side.  That's another thing too, they both have to start at the same place to look nice and even.

Any ideas and help would really be appreciated.

Thank you for your time and help.
Larry

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©