3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hill Country Wildcat longbow  (Read 634 times)

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
Hill Country Wildcat longbow
« on: September 02, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »
I am getting the bug for a new bow.  I have been shooting a Hoyt Buffalo since they were introduced and swore off shooting any nonmetal riser bows.  Well time has softened my heart, so to say, and I wrote a list of what I like about the metal riser.  I like the deflex design and weight.  I also want to try something with a long bow limb.  I was talking with my neighbor and he mentioned I should look at Hill Country Bows in Millersburg.

After doing some research on the web there is not much info out there on the wildcat longbow.  I found a speed but it was attained with a less than 8 grain per lb arrow.  How does it handle long draw lengths?  I draw over 30.5 inches.  The only thing I really know about Hill Country is at KZoo there both was always packed.  Any info about the Wildcat longbow would be appreciated.  

Thanks

Eric

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
Re: Hill Country Wildcat longbow
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 09:22:00 AM »
Hill Country bows are sensational!  Top shelf craftsmanship and absolute performers.  I held off for years trying many other makes and the first time I unpacked and shot my Bobcat I was floored.  My Bobcat is as quiet as my Howard Hill but a blazer.  It takes top spot for short longbows for me.  I have owned two Toelke Pikas, an Elkheart, Shrew, Lil Slammer, Caribow Wolverine, two Thunderchildren, and the Bobcat has risen to the top simply because the 13" riser allows a grip shape and mass weight that the other bows cannot achieve due to design constraint.  I still love and would gladly own any of those other bows, but if I could have only one I'd pick the Bobcat.  I call the Bobcat a "baby Habu".  The limbs are narrow and deep core but heavily reflexed hence the speed.  The bow is a cinch to tune.  Speed and forgiveness aside what impressed me most again was how ghostly quiet the bow is at 9-10 gpp.  
You cannot go wrong with Romans bows.  I have been sorely tempted to order a really long Wildcat for a dedicated 3D bow, but it's almost unnecessary as the little Bobcat is such a sweetie.

As for length, my 56" Bobcat/ 13" riser hits the wall about 30", so a Wildcat with 15" riser you'd probably want at least a 60-62" bow.  I'd contact Roman to discuss.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 10:30:00 PM »
chuck pretty much covered it...i have a wildcat sl and a bobcat love em both

Offline Pheonixarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 02:04:00 AM »
I have a K2 hybrid, and a K2 static, and they are both now the bars to which all others are compared! I shot a bobcat hybrid at Kzoo this year and had it been a few pounds heavier that bow would have never left my hand! Roman's bows are where it's at!!! Smooth and straight shooting, quiet, and faster than most others.
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomorrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>

Offline Jack Hoyt 75

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 10:13:00 AM »
The wildcat is a great bow overall. I have 2 and would never sell.  Roman is Amish and has a lot going on.  You can email him  or leave a message and he will get back to you within a few days.  He always has some nice wood.
Hill Country Bows - RER

TGMM, Compton Traditional Bowhunters, NWTF Member
Indiana NWTF State Board Member
Indiana Bowhunter Association Member

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©