3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: WARF riser questions? PROJECT FINISHED  (Read 1312 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
WARF riser questions? PROJECT FINISHED
« on: September 07, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »
I have a Martin riser that I would like to have a warf conversion done but not sure if it's even a possibility. It's Lynx Magnum that was my Uncles. He got me started in 1967 and passed in 2013. I have no use for the compound but if I could hunt with it as a ILF recurve , that might be cool. Who does these conversions now days? Thanks for your help..........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bbell

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: WARF riser questions? PROJECT FINISHED
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
Pm sent

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
Thanks bbell.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 10:12:00 PM »
Got the address for the guy in San Jose......we'll see what develops   :thumbsup:   .

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 10:20:00 PM »
Ron, I sent you a PM.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
Thanks........

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Made contact with the fella in San Jose Ca. and he is going to warf my riser for me. I will be able to take my uncles old bow with me in the woods as a Recurve rather than a compound. Should be a neat thing to do. Heck who knows......it may even be a good shooter........lol

Offline SAMMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 05:22:00 PM »
Have done hundreds of conversions and did them for years after GORDON stopped doing them. I can offer help to those who want to do their own. May do a DIY someday.
2xDAS17longs
Rambowarfmeds

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 12:43:00 PM »
Riser is in the mail and off to be warfed. Can't wait to get it back and start trying limbs to find the right set. Uncle herb will be happy to see his old bow back in the field, or even on a 3/D course.

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 12:52:00 PM »
That is good to hear, Ron.  I hope it works out as well as mine.   :archer2:
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline huntmaster70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 12:56:00 PM »
Do you think it will be back in time to use this season? I can see the smile on your uncles' face when you carry it hunting!   :thumbsup:

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »
It maybe here but I still have to set it up and such. Uncle Herb will smile down on me......maybe give me some luck.......lol

Offline LeeNY

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
:thumbsup:     :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Lee

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2017, 07:10:00 PM »
Well the riser got machined and sent back to me...what a beautiful job was done. Threw a set of limbs on it and strung it up. Everything is straight and true so off to the back yard to shoot a few arrows. This has to be one of the most silent recurve I have ever shot. I am shooting it of the shelf with cedar arrows and it is impressive. May have to find another riser to have done......lol. I hope Uncle Herb enjoys another hike in the woods.......

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2017, 07:14:00 PM »
Awesome Ron!  They say warfs can be addicting.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »
What weight limbs are ya using, and what arrows?  :archer2:
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
I put a set of Black Max 40# limbs and I'm shooting 60-65 cedars with 160 gr. up front. I just used these to see if it was going to work out. Worked better that I thought......lol. I my try my Zipper Z4 limbs just for fun. With just wool puffs it is almost silent.

Offline monterey

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2017, 09:21:00 PM »
Don't see any pitchers.  Probably never happened.   :biglaugh:
Monterey

"I didn't say all that stuff". - Confucius........and Yogi Berra

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
You want pictures from a guy who's phone is still on the kitchen wall.   :confused:

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
Have really been enjoying my warfed ProLine bow , am shooting .400 spine carbons with 250gr points with little Blazer plastic vanes. It is hands down the quietist bow I have ever shot. Glad yours is working out for you and the history is cool..

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©