3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Why did my post get pulled?  (Read 682 times)

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
Why did my post get pulled?
« on: September 07, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
I posted what I thought was a funny YouTube video of an excuse why we miss in cold weather. It was pulled. Was it insensitive or offensive? Please help me understand.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Why did my post get pulled?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 06:40:00 PM »
Please be man enough, or woman enough, to let me know if I have offended some within  the community here.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 06:44:00 PM »
That's it. I thought it was funny, but apparently it was in poor taste. Please explain.

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 07:30:00 PM »
LOL too, but I think that it was most likely pulled because it's not really related to bowhunting.. and the guy pulling the bow definitely isn't an archer.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2017, 07:38:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ken Taylor:
LOL too, but I think that it was most likely pulled because it's not really related to bowhunting.. and the guy pulling the bow definitely isn't an archer.
Really? You think so? If that's the case then there is no room here for laughs. I've seen posts here when The Hunger Games came out. Not really an archery post, but seemed to pass muster. Surely Jennifer Lawrence is as much an "archer" as this actor. Still awaiting an official answer.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 07:54:00 PM »
The official response was that a mod pulled it because it wasn't archery related.

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by longbow fanatic 1:

Really? You think so? If that's the case then there is no room here for laughs. I've seen posts here when The Hunger Games came out. Not really an archery post, but seemed to pass muster. Surely Jennifer Lawrence is as much an "archer" as this actor. Still awaiting an official answer. [/b]
Yep, Ken hit the nail on the head.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »
God forbid we have a laugh at a funny, archery related YouTube video spoof. Still awaiting a response from Terry but if that's the case, that's ridiculous. If true, that's micro management at the minuscule level. I actually though a mod might send it to the Shooters Forum, but never thought it would be pulled. Crazy!

« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 08:15:00 PM »
Posting Rules:

Written and published by Terry G and Rob D:

The fundamental concern of any online forum is keeping the posts/talk on-track and in line with the forum's "prime directive" - at Trad Gang, we're all about traditional bowhunting and we make that quite clear to all.

We're all humans, and we know how easy it can be to lose focus about the sharing of trad bowhunting info - we'll do our best to redirect that focus back to good stuff where we see fit.

We know that the Trad Gang cyber camp can, and has, become like family - and we understand that families are sociable and at times the posting can sway over to matters that are more chit-chat than trad bowhunting. We try to leave that be as much as possible.

Any forum post - whether it's a topic thread or a reply post within a topic thread - will most likely get deleted, or moved elsewhere, if it's about non-trad bowhunting topics that are clearly centered towards politics, sports, religion, guns, crossbows, wheelbows ... you get the drift.

Online Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 08:16:00 PM »
Hey, Longbow fanatic - I understand your feelings, and I'm not on anybody's side - I thought that you were asking for ideas on why it could have been pulled and I was just trying to look at things from their point of view.

I'll try not to comment on any of your future threads to avoid offending you again.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Hey, Longbow fanatic - I understand your feelings, and I'm not on anybody's side - I thought that you were asking for ideas on why it could have been pulled and I was just trying to look at things from their point of view.

I'll try not to comment on any of your future threads to avoid offending you again.
Ken,

You actually answered my question. I truly was asking why. I just couldn't believe that could have been the answer. You can certainly respond to any posts I have, and I would be glad if you did. You should not be concerned about offending me. You didn't. I was just stunned that a mod pulled it because it was meant for a laugh (archer depicted) but not officially TG " Archery Related."

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 08:32:00 PM »
Actually, I thought they might move it to the Shooters Forum, but it never occurred to me that it would get pulled.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 08:52:00 PM »
Looks like the TG member who posted it here again got it pulled again.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
Well,

I saw it and showed a buddy at work and we both got a great laugh out of it.

In fact Dennis, it was the high point of my stressful day, thanks for posting it.

And it may not have fit within the strict contexts of the rules, but it was surely more related to archery than some other post i've seen.

But again Terry's house and we abide by his rule   ;)
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 08:58:00 PM »
Thanks, John. Indeed it's Terry's house and he may do as he pleases. I'm not trying to ruffle feathers, I just was stunned if was removed. I guess rules are rules. I thought most things were fair game on the PowWow. Evidently not. Glad I brought you a laugh, my friend. That's what it was intended for.

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
I understand your feelings, and from all your posts I know that you're an upright guy.  We all know that there are many posts here that aren't related in any direct way to traditional bowhunting, but are allowed to stand. Most of the time, whenever I've tried to post something humorous, it hasn't worked. It hasn't always been pulled, but it has either offended someone or whatever and I've regretted posting it.  So now I just try to keep things straight.  I wish it wasn't that way, but I think that's the way it is.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2017, 09:16:00 PM »
As always, Dave, your input and advice is solid. I think I will follow your lead and leave humor out of my future posts here. Thanks for your counsel, sir!

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 09:39:00 PM »
Now hold on there Dave!

As the Supreme Leader of the F.RO.G team I rely on humor to motivate my men, as that is sometimes the only relief  they get in the throes of war.

And alas we all need to learn to laugh a little more   :(

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2017, 09:54:00 PM »
F.RO.G.?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2017, 10:10:00 PM »
Dave,

You have never seen a F.R.O.G Team Adventure?  Surely you jest   :goldtooth:

Some of the best archery, ah hmmm, Trad bowhunting related humor on the Gang.

Do a search...

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©