3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2 Bows Lost in the Mail... USPS  (Read 1151 times)

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
2 Bows Lost in the Mail... USPS
« on: September 09, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
I'm so frustrated.  I have 2 bows that have vanished in the USPS postal system.  I sent them Priority insured and they have vanished..

USPS is no help whatsoever... No one can locate anything or tell me why the bows are gone..

I sent one of them AUG 28th.. IT was to go 4 hours from my home / driving time..  

It made it to within 35 miles of the destination and then was sent to 3 other states before landing in Memphis Tn. and then vanished.. No scans/ no nothing...  Just delayed..  

Memphis doesn't know why?  they can't locate it.. nothing..

Fast forward 10 days.. Surely I"m thinking the first package will make it.. Right?  No..

So stupid me sends another package to same guy with another bow in it and now guess what!    Yep..  Vanished..

Something is wrong here..    

I've been as nice as I can be/ takes to local post master/ called customer service and nothing... Nobody knows nothing..

I hope they pay the insurance but you know what... I'm betting I'm out....  

THE USPS is horrible.. I'll never ship that way again..  I'll gladly pay the extra it cost for Fed Ex..  

This is horrible

IF any you guys work for the USPS and can help I'd be so thankful...
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Longbow1953

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2 Bows Lost in the Mail... USPS
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:07:00 PM »
I lost one that way about five years ago.
I've heard it said that Christianity is a crutch.  To me, it's a walking stick to use on the path of life.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 05:25:00 PM »
I have had a couple things come up missing......sooner or later they show up. What makes up think Fed ex or ups would be better, I think not, and they cost a lot more.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Are there any reliable shipping companies? I have heard complaints about all of them.
Sam

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 06:45:00 PM »
Yes,I don't have any faith in the USPS after they lost three bows (Schafer, Mariah, and Cook Mountain) last May being shipped from my brother in Alaska to me.  The they were supposed to be signed for and USPS can't produce the signatures.  Currently it been appealed up to the regional level without any results. They are still refusing to even pay the insurance they charged us extra for them.  
They are a bunch of frigging government crooks.

Want to know how I really feel?
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
I feel your pain. I tried to send a registered letter to my mom in Indiana.It had a savings bond and a money order for a $1000.00 The post office lost it and every time I inquire I get this long song and dance about how USPS registered letters never get lost.But there is NO accountability at all.
 When you deal with them its as if you were talking to a union rep.there is NO ONE looking out for the customer
Tim

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
Don't know if FED EX would be better but heck, I gotta try something.
Blessings,
Steve

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 08:05:00 PM »
Darn Steve I hate to hear this. It is so frustrating dealing with the government. The ordinary citizen is always wrong. Guess you have to be politically connected now days to be important. Sad.

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Hate to hear that. Hope they turn up!
Aim small...Miss small!!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 08:34:00 PM »
Walt's and Steve's experiences are real eye openers for me.  I never imagined the USPS would lose something and then refuse to pay for it even when you pay extra for insurance.  I mean, really, they're just employees, they don't own the place.  Why should they care if the USPS pays out insurance or not?

I did have one good experience with the USPS recently.  I ordered something from 3 Rivers or Lancaster and I got an email that it had been delivered.  Well, I was home the whole time and it hadn't been delivered.  I went to the PO and showed the email to the guy, and he fussed around on his computer for a while, and told me it had been delivered to the wrong house, and would be delivered to my house tomorrow (which it was).  I wonder how he could figure that out on his computer?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 10:11:00 PM »
I have shipped every bow I ever made via USPS Priority, and insured, and have had Zero problems in almost 15 yrs of full time bow making.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 10:31:00 PM »
I've had a couple get lost in the woodwork for 2-3 weeks, but in the end they have always shown up.  Lots of crazy stuff going on nationwide, fires, hurricanes, etc.  Keep hammering their customer service, kill with kindness, and have them run traces on the packages.  USPS is by far the best to work with, close behind is FedEx.  I avoid UPS.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 11:21:00 PM »
Last year I sent a 62" one piece recurve by USPS from MA to KS. The tracking never showed it going beyond Nashua NH and the USPS could not explain why or where it was so for the heck of it I contacted the buyer who had received it right on schedule. Could it be having a history of loosing track of shipments that actually do deliver is why they are reluctant or slow to settle a claim?

Offline tom cunningham

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »
I use usps a lot and have done well although some seem to go in circles. I'm thinking Nines has a point with current conditions seems more likely to throw unrelated things out of whack. I wish your luck turns your way Steve......Tom.

Offline Bow man

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 06:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by ron w:
I have had a couple things come up missing......sooner or later they show up. What makes up think Fed ex or ups would be better, I think not, and they cost a lot more.
Normally show up sometimes long boxes get set aside then gt thrown back in shipment have had two disappear for 2 weeks but they showed back up. We have had more issues with Fed EX than USPS in 9 years only 1 damaged and 1 lost bow with USPS. Damage was minor and I was able to do a quick fix. the lost youth bow they paid very quickly.
Compton Life Member
PBS QRM

Offline ratherbehuntin

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »
Sorry to hear that. I recently had a few packages come USPS that were lost and were 2 weeks past the delivery date. I had already been refunded for them. They showed up 2 days after I was refunded. So I had to contact the customer service so I could give them the money back since I received them. I live in the Mandeville area. 2 packages were coming from the northeast and one from the west. They showed dealayed forever via tracking and then just showed up. I hope everything works out.

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »
The insurance response baffles me. I was a Postmaster for about 25 years. I can't think of a single case where they did not pay up.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Tim Finley

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
I never got paid for a bow that was damaged in the mail and it was insured . They wanted the bow to inspect it or something and I never got the bow back either!

Offline Dan bree

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
Hey Steve hope you get your bow back and I'm glad you got your slammer back .  Only had two bows go missing in a lot of years and both were from  Louisiana !
Dan Breen

Offline PastorSteveHill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2017, 09:27:00 PM »
Email sent Dan.
Blessings,
Steve

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©