3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Enclosed backpack quiver??  (Read 462 times)

Offline archeryrob

• Trad Bowhunter
Enclosed backpack quiver??
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:40:00 AM »
Hey guys, long time and haven't been around. Seem to have lost my previous account from years back somehow. I have a back quiver I used for target and stump shooting, but I like to carry a small Military style back pad when hunting. I have rigged a snap on bow quiver to carry broad-head arrows. When hunting it hangs in the tree stand fine, but transporting it leans the arrows against all kind of stuff and moving through brush its all hard on the fletching.

I remember years back seeing some DIY quivers that were tubes or the like and you could stash two or three arrows in it protected. Many of the threads on quivers are useless now with Photobucket's antics making all the pictures disappear now.

So anyone have any ideas in the memory banks that you can point out to me for ideas?

Offline Snow Crow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Enclosed backpack quiver??
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 08:43:00 AM »
I use an Easton arrow tube for a rain/wet quiver:

Fully enclosed with cap, telescoping, with strap.  Can be attached to back or fanny pack, worn over shoulder, etc.

Can hold 5-6 regular arrows without crushing feathers.  

Might be an option for your purpose.  Could also use a carpet or map tube, flexi drain tile or pvc.
Wanted:  Crow willing to fly into my arrow.  Blind, deaf and dumb preferred.  Mute a bonus.  One wing would be good.  No legs.  With vertigo...

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 09:03:00 AM »
I found one identical to the one above (all black) from an office supply store.The are intended to transport drawings.Probably no cheaper but maybe a local buy

Online MnFn

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
I have a black one as well, but only use it to transport extra arrows- it mostly stays in the truck. I think I used it on a back pack elk hunt once.

The Safari Tuff Duiker is my hunting quiver, nine out of ten times. It isn't that much bigger than the Black tube, and much quieter.
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella"  Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Offline Mr. fingers

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Bow Mate Elite from 3 rivers is military inspired. Solid tube that won't. Collapse,and is waterproof not just water,resistant.

Offline archeryrob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 07:34:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mr. fingers:
Bow Mate Elite from 3 rivers
I might make something along this line as they aren't squeezing $130 out of me for a simple tube with a strap I could easily build.     ;)     I might make it out of PVC this winter and test it. If I like it I might drop a small poplar tree and skin the bark for the tube and use saw wood sections for butt caps.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©