3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads  (Read 1547 times)

Offline Brian P.

• Trad Bowhunter
Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads
« on: September 10, 2017, 10:23:00 AM »
How many of you that use either of these heads, hunt with them straight out of the package? I hear about how sharp they are, but I have never felt they were that sharp "out of the box"
 I just got some 150 gr buzzcuts and have 125 gr as well. The serrations feel ok but the rest of the blade, not so much. If you touch them up, what is your prefered metthod?
 They fly great, so I am wanting to use them this fall. Just curious what your experiences are with them on game.
"As a rule, nothing does an arrow so much good as to shoot it, and nothing so much harm as to have it lie inactive and crowded in the quiver"   Saxton Pope

Offline KyStickbow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
I have used Stingers for the last 4 seasons....and have had excellent results using them straight out of the pack. I feel that they are plenty sharp enough.

Honestly thats the reason I use the Stingers....because I am sharpening challenged. Its easy for me to just switch the blades and have a new head ready to go.

I shot a doe last weekend with a head I had left over from last season....and it was still plenty sharp. She left a blood trail that a blind man could follow.
Aim small...Miss small!!

Offline Doug_K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 11:06:00 AM »
May as well post this again, since photobuckets mishap.

This is the second one I used on deer. First one just had the bleeder sheer off. No exit, this happened after a bit of penetration judging by the entrance wound. Didn't go far. Wont find any more in my broadhead collection.
60" W&W Black Wolf 55#
64" Bamabows Hunter 52#
60" Bamabows Expedition III 52#
70" Bamabows Hunter 55#
60" A.D.M Earth 63#

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 11:48:00 AM »
I use them and they are flawless not saying there may be a miss hap here and there the 2 blades imho are always stronger but as far as sharpness if I can shave hair off my arm with them right out of the pack .. and I always have what more could you ask for plus with a lifetime warranty that's just the cherry on top of the cake
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 11:49:00 AM »
I should add I'm also shooting the 4 blades right now ... I'd not hesitate to shoot a buck of a lifetime with one right out the pack
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
First time I used a Stinger with bleeders there was a lot of blood.  They are sharp enough for deer out of the package IMHO.  'Fred Bear' sharp if you will.  They don't have a large cutting diameter so shot placement is a factor.  Can't speak for the Buzzcuts.  I also keep some Muzzy Phantoms around, they are a bit larger blade and one of my current go-tos for lighter duty.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 05:09:00 PM »
I like them. They are sharp enough to hunt with.  A sharping guru could make them sharper, but that can be said with most heads.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Online the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 08:19:00 PM »
Great broadheads, fly well, cut well, sharpen easily, of course you have to put them in the right spot☺️

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 08:56:00 PM »
The first time I used one I shot a doe straight down through the shoulder blades and the arrow was stuck in the ground after the pass through. The deer only went about 40 yards and left a good blood trail. That was straight out of the pack so I wouldn't hesitate to use them again
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 06:39:00 PM »
I've had both sharp and not so sharp results from new heads, been a few years since I shot them though, usually a strop got them where they need to be. After shooting them, I used the accusharp and then stropped them. KME works too!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »
Originally posted by old_goat2:
I've had both sharp and not so sharp results from new heads, been a few years since I shot them though, usually a strop got them where they need to be. After shooting them, I used the accusharp and then stropped them. KME works too!
This has been my experience, but I only use a KME to touch up or shrpen them.

Bisch

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2017, 07:41:00 PM »

Bisch

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
I hate this computer! I only hit Enter once after typing my response!!!!

« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
I hate this computer! I only hit Enter once after typing my response, and this only happens on TradGang!!!!

Bisch

Offline mj seratt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 01:00:00 AM »
Hey, Bisch, have you ever used the kme?

Murray
Murray Seratt

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©