3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads  (Read 1546 times)

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stinger and Buzzcut broadheads
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
Ken, everyone has opinions but most of them are not based on experience...therein lies the difference.:^)>>--->Ron
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 12:30:00 AM »
At about 4:30 today I killed a hog with a buzzcut with bleeders.  40 pound bow. Shot in the heart from 5 yards. It looked like a gunshot wound when the arrow hit. The buzzcut was in perfect shape. Barely needs touching up after going through inches of fat and pig hide. I would use it again but I am retiring it as a memento since its my first bow kill.

I think they need a little work out of the box but they do come decently sharp.

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 12:37:00 AM »
I did not get an exit wound. It got the offside shoulder and almost went through the hide. Performed great. Hog dropped dead after about 40 yards.

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 12:54:00 AM »
Ron,that is rather weak.Not sure I understand. Fred Bear didn't have experience? How about Howard Hill? Maybe Ben Pearson? Terry has killed a few head of game I wonder if he has an opinion?I have conducted exhaustive test which I offered to share. I have also hunted in a 5 deer Texas County for many many years. It was quite the proving ground but I have no experience? Oh well it is all good.Take care. >>>----> Ken

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 01:03:00 AM »
Ken, I said most of them...not all of them. ---You said,

I would use it again but I am retiring it as a memento since its my first bow kill.  
Experience starts with the first kill, mine was was 55 years ago.
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline Dave Paradowski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
I have used them for several years. I find them to be sharp and accurate...DaveMP

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
Ron I have not idea where you got that quote. I don't think you would make up something but after emails P.M.'s and post here and on other sites I thought you knew better. I am 76 years old and have been killing deer and hogs since I was a teenager. My first hog and first bear was with a 44# Damon Howatt super D.2 bears,3 Javelina,and I lost count of the deer,rabbits,s and feral hogs many years ago. I didn't write or publish pictures. I am not a Legend like you. That sure don't men other folks don't have as much experience as you. Did you get my emails I have asked before in a PM but no reply. I guess the facts just can't compete with a Legend.

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2017, 09:15:00 PM »
I don't know what I did to post that before it was finished. I went back to add fish,including some big gar and sharks. Then the letter vanished. Proof reading, I had some fat finger mistakes. Should have been   no  instead of not. Should be mean instead of men. now I am done.>>>----> Ken

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2017, 09:29:00 PM »
O.K. I got it that was a quote from NANTAHALA NUT It looks like that would be hard to mix up with KEN but I understand we are getting up in years. You are not mixing up other details or mis- remembering are you? LoL :^) Have a good one Ken

Offline kenneth butler

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2017, 06:10:00 PM »
Well looks like I was saddled with some one else's  quote then abandoned. Oh well.>>>----> Ken

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2017, 07:50:00 PM »

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©