3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: NC hunters??  (Read 1371 times)

Offline J-dog

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: NC hunters??
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
Been slowed to flat died off down here. None of my crew have seen anything past couple sits. Maybe October will pick up.

Whats everyone's favorite moon moon. I was seeing deer early on a waning gibeous?
Always be stubborn.

Captain hindsight to the rescue!

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 10:09:00 AM »
Sunday evening at about 7pmish here in Asheboro I had a big buck run across the road in front of me. He came from a wooded area and was headed into another. He was about 1/2 a mile from gamelands I hunt. Not really a gauge, but, prior to that I saw a small herd in Eagle Springs, which is in the sandhills area west of Pinehurst. The herd was feeding in a soybean field. That was at about 6:15pm. A waxing new crescent moon was shining in the southern sky.

Around here the muscadines have already fallen and acorns are sporadically falling. Soon they will be raining down. We have had little rainfall in my area.
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
Went out yesterday and finally hung a couple of stands. Also, checked the cameras and discovered we have a couple shooter bucks in the area along with a few future prospects. Going to go out next week and see if I can get lucky on.

Offline Drewster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2017, 11:32:00 PM »
I finally harvested my first deer with a traditional bow on the 18th......a yearling buck.  Not a trophy by most seasoned hunters standards, but it was rewarding to me since I'm not a long time deer hunter.  
Shot him from a pop-up blind at the edge of a small apple orchard at about 12 yards.  Hope it will be the start of more to come.
Carolina Traditional Archers
North Carolina Bowhunters Association

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2017, 11:37:00 PM »
I didnt get to my deer stand or to check my camera tonight. I killed a hog 100 yards from the car on my way in. First bow kill. Did not know we have hogs on that mountain.

Offline Rough Run

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 05:32:00 AM »
Congratulations, Drew!

Offline DocWolf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 11:36:00 AM »
I can't wait to get back home to deer hunt. It was 38 degrees back home this morning. I have been in Florida working hurricane claims and have not seen it cooler than 75 degrees anywhere, other than my hotel room.
"A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion."  Unknown

Offline Florida lime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 11:54:00 AM »
Congrats to both Drewster and Nantahala Nut - maybe I'll get lucky when I get up to WNC in a couple weeks.

:thumbsup:
   :thumbsup:

One for each of you.    :D
Martin-Hunter & Bamboo Viper, Black Widow Camo PLX, Holm-made Osprey, Toelke-SS #5 & Super D, Brackenbury Drifter, Wes Wallace Mentor, Kimber Huntsman,  Rose Oak-Wildcat II, Ocelot, Ace & 2 Heritage TDs, Bear-'67½  SK & '59 Kodiak Special - all LH

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
Congrats Drew and Barry!!!

Pictures...we wanna see pictures!    :thumbsup:
Mark 1:17

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
That does not look like a feral hog,  Short snout, fat, ?
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 08:37:00 PM »
People turn them loose around here purposely. She's definitely not the wildest of hogs. Someone on the other side of the mountain probably let a bunch loose.  We put a feeder up there so we can try to eradicate them from this property before they get comfortable.  This is our deer hunting mountain...we already have a hog hunting mountain.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
It will be good eating nevertheless, he probably wanted a little corn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 10:05:00 PM »
It will be good eating nevertheless, he probably wanted a little cor

Offline Rick Richard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2017, 12:30:00 PM »
Well, went out this morning and had an encounter(s) with 4 different bucks. Ended up giving one a haircut at a very close range. I am finding out the hard way that hunting with a longbow out of a tree stand has a learning curve as compared to using a shorter recurve.  Anyway, still a lot of fun.

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2017, 02:00:00 PM »
Good reports, and congrats to all!

Hope to see many of you this Saturday in Conover.

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Offline deerhunter_w

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »
I made it out yesterday evening and had a run in with a decent buck, but he didn't offer me a decent shot. Its disappointing th have him at 10 yards without a shot. He stayed quartering to me, facing me the entire time.    :knothead:  

Jeff
58" Tall Tines 49@28
58" Centaur Triple Carbon Elite 50@27
64" stickflinger 50@28

Offline Jeff D. Holchin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2017, 08:05:00 PM »
My son and I went out on Saturday on public land; he really wanted to arrow a deer and for several reasons I did not.  I even put him in the "best" spots to increase his odds.  Guess who had deer around him both times, including a nice young 8 point broadside at 15 yards for a few minutes, that I walked right up on as it carelessly grazed in the tall grass?  It was hot and I just wasn't in a killing mood; maybe the deer could tell I was harmless?
Genesis 27:3 "Take your bow and a quiver full of arrows out into the open country, and hunt some wild game for me."

Proud PBS regular member - if you are a serious bowhunter, check us out at     http://probow.discussion.community

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2017, 03:09:00 PM »
Bumping just to see if anyone has had any success....

Offline John Malone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2017, 03:27:00 PM »
Took a small 4 pointer last weekend. Got an old bruiser round here somewhere on my land 10 pnt best I can tell, coloring says hes been around several years. Had him in my gun sights last year while looking for some coyotes, would've been an easy shot, then decided he deserved better. Only caught glimpses of him this year but I got a broad head with his name on it.
Life is to short to pass up anything that could potentially be bow wood!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©