3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Trad Gang could sure use some help ...  (Read 5072 times)

Offline mark Willoughby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Trad Gang could sure use some help ...
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2017, 07:06:00 AM »
I'm just curious what do you guys do with the 30 bucks a year that you collect in classified fees?
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
Brothers of the Bow-
I have learned so much from this forum and I feel you guys are awesome! I have donated as well and pray to God this works out for us!
Thank you Terry, Rob, & moderators for all you do!

Kenny    :pray:
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2017, 08:36:00 AM »
Originally posted by mark Willoughby:
I'm just curious what do you guys do with the 30 bucks a year that you collect in classified fees?
We finance an island in the Bahamas  :biglaugh:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:

Originally posted by mark Willoughby:
We finance an island in the Bahamas [/b]
yep, right.  can't wait to vacation there real soon.  think my wait's gonna be a long one, though ....       :rolleyes:    

Here's where sponsor and contributing member dollars go - to keep Trad Gang a FREE and open public forum.

Trad Gang is dedicated to the promotion and preservation of traditional bowhunting.  No Trad Gang member is ever asked or told that a fee is required to participate in the conversations, to both share and absorb all things within the periphery of traditional bowhunting.

We instituted a fee to access the Trad Gang Classifieds for the primary reason of putting a stop to the constant scamming and hustling we all had to deal with on a near weekly basis.  It was either that or there'd be no Trad Gang Classifieds.  We don't have those problems any more.

Money from sponsors or contributing members is used to offset our website and forum and domains and servers cost.  It's not cheap.  We partner with a premier host server organization that takes pride in quality of service, allows us our own immediate access to our servers and domains, is available to us 24x7 for support, and actually speaks the English language.  This is a far cry from a cheap ineffective bottom-of-the-barrel hosting service like Go-Daddy.  It goes beyond just hardware as we hire people to maintain, support, and care for our systems 24x7, write code as need be, and take care of accounting and bookkeeping.  As a result, we have an excellent online track record with almost zero down time.  This is to keep the Trad Gang house in good shape and always ready for your posting and archival reading.  This is more than necessary for our upcoming conversion migration, where we'll need three servers instead of two.  Quality computing, technicians, and internet horsepower ain't cheap.

Terry and I, and the other great Trad Gang folks that are behind the scenes keeping the site going have other lives.  Trad Gang isn't all we do in life - we have jobs, families, outside obligations and distractions.  We do make Trad Gang a priority, but that can go only so far.  Please have patience as we do our best in an instant gratification world.

Again, keep foremost in mind that when you use Trad Gang, you use it for FREE.  We make it available at no charge, no service fee, nada.  That's the way it should be and the way it will be.  Period. Whether or not you wish to contribute to our efforts has absolutely no bearing on your use of Trad Gang.  We understand.  Trad Gang is your cyber camp, your community, your friends. Don't get more better'n that, I'd think. That's all that matters. Terry and I will do whatever we need to do to keep the Trad Gang campfire burning 'til we croak and can hopefully hand it over to a qualified next generation.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Gil Verwey

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2017, 08:57:00 AM »
I contributed prior to the classified fee. I felt it was worth supporting the site. I mainly felt this way since they ran a tight ship with scammers and they make sure everyone is treated with respect.

Some sites I have been on, there are internet heroes and know it alls, with courage due to anonnimty and distance. They are like guys on a divieded highway doing 70 mph giving you the finger going in the opposite direction. They would never say what they do to people if they were in the same room with them.

Respect  between members is why this is my favorite site.

Thanks
Gil
TGMM Family of the bow.

Offline twitchstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2017, 09:24:00 AM »
Keep the campfire going!

Offline J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2017, 11:25:00 AM »
Any updates on how the contributions are adding up?  Are we making a dent Rob?  Knowing where we stand may push more folks to consider contributing.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2017, 01:14:00 PM »
Check out a listing I just put in 2017 trad bows for sale for a Hill longbow.  The idea is that the first one to sell goes to TradGang, and I will keep the other one.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline longbow fanatic 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2017, 01:18:00 PM »
Thanks for the explanation, Rob.    :campfire:

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2017, 02:20:00 PM »
Thank you for your post Rob.
shoot straight shoot often

« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2017, 02:26:00 PM »
Originally posted by McDave:
Check out a listing I just put in 2017 trad bows for sale for a Hill longbow.  The idea is that the first one to sell goes to TradGang, and I will keep the other one.
Photos up Dave....
Awesome!
   :notworthy:

Online Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2017, 02:55:00 PM »
I contributed, but now I'm feeling a little like a cheap skate.  My contribution amounted to 1.2 cents per post that I've made here over the years. I'll let y'all do the math.    ;)

I hope Tradgang gets a little more than they need for the upgrade, perhaps Rob and Terry can take their wives out to dinner on the Gang for all the time they spend here.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Originally posted by Ray Lyon:

I hope Tradgang gets a little more than they need for the upgrade, perhaps Rob and Terry can take their wives out to dinner on the Gang for all the time they spend here.
YEAH!...Now you're talkin'        :archer:

Online bama

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: July 29, 2017, 12:05:00 AM »
I am in

Offline AndreasLundin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: July 29, 2017, 05:33:00 AM »
I am relative new to the forum and traditional archery. I have found more information here that other sites and/or magazines. Thank you for the efforts, donation made.

Offline Pointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: July 29, 2017, 12:59:00 PM »
completed

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: July 29, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
Donation made! Thanks for a great site.  Keep us informed.  Thanks again.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2017, 02:02:00 AM »
Donation made.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2017, 02:27:00 AM »
Done.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2017, 06:36:00 AM »
Complete...
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©