3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bragged ?????  (Read 3202 times)

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
Bragged ?????
« on: September 19, 2017, 11:10:00 PM »
I haven't posted anything in a while I guess I got a little bent out of shape a while back. And I have missed visiting with y'all so I have shot a few critters and will post some pics soon as I figure out. But on a post I was commenting on a while back someone basically told me that I and  several others here were just braggers cause we post to many pictures and I guess it just set wrong with me. I guess I'm going to be bragging again now and as I always say (it is what it is). Now if I have ever come across that way then I am truly sorry cause that has never been my intent at all. I just love to hunt with my bows and enjoy the outdoors and also enjoy sharing my passion for hunting. I also enjoy my friendships with many on this site , many messages and phone calls and emails about bows , hunting , gear , well the list never ends and want to get back at it. So for any that think I'm just bragging then so be it....

Now on to the bragging I set up a bow last week to experiment with shooting plastic vanes and oh it worked very well. The bow is a warfed Proline riser with Hoyt limbs with a flipper rest. I made up a bunch of arrows and it ended up shooting a .400 spine carbon fletched with the little Blazer vanes ( hard of a left helical as I could get )  with 250gr tip like lasers. And it just might be the quietest bow I have ever owned but would it shoot a broadhead. And to my surprise it shot every head I had and even TreeSharks were no match for the rig. So with the new bow throwing TreeSharks like it was nothing we needed a test for it. Went to the ranch ( all low fence free range ) to get ready for our whitetail opener in 2 weeks and got all the work done and did a little hunting. And I am very impressed with the modern trad bow shooting it's little carbon missiles. I was lucky enough to get my first Sika deer ( a doe ) and a day later shot a very nice Aoudad ram. So once I figure out the new posting a picture thing I will be back at the bragging....

,,,,,Sam,,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bragged ?????
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 11:15:00 PM »
pay 'em no mind sam, i personally enjoy all the stuff you post.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:50:00 PM »
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2017, 11:55:00 PM »
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2017, 11:56:00 PM »
Sorry doing my best with the pictures...

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2017, 11:57:00 PM »
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 12:11:00 AM »
Sam,

i'm offended.  The only way to fix this problem is to take me with you! haha!  Goodness bud!   You are a freaking killing machine!  

Congrats!
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline joe ashton

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2017, 12:15:00 AM »
Outstanding
Joe Ashton,D.C.
 pronghorn long bow  54#
 black widow long bow 55#
 21 century long bow 55#
 big horn recurve  58#

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2017, 12:17:00 AM »
:thumbsup:  Keep at it Sam...Love your pics and hunting stories.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2017, 12:29:00 AM »
I told you to come on and hunt and never heard back from you brother. And just think how much better this bow is going to be once I get one of your strings on it. I must have caught that fellow on a bad day or something. I have always been ( I think ) one of the most open guy's to help anyone out with anything I could. I always invite others on hunts and put them I the best spots and am free to give information on locations. And have always said my success is due to good hunting grounds or pure ( never quit never surrender ) attitude. So anyway Daniel I need a string for this rig to put it in the super star category. 64in bow , low 50 lbs at 30in , need  to be that bright green and black....

All kidding aside I'm just happy to be in the woods and if I get a critter or not I'm happy...

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline Cmane07

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2017, 12:45:00 AM »
Heck yea man, congrats!
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2017, 01:22:00 AM »
Congrats!! That's a heck of an Aoudad!!

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2017, 02:18:00 AM »
Congrats!

Bisch

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2017, 03:01:00 AM »
Very nice!  

I have always found tree sharks to be the very easiest broadhead to get good flight from. They actually have far less surface area for planing than most other heads.

Are you seeing a noticeable difference in trajectory?

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 04:02:00 AM »
Welcome back Sam. I was wondering where you'd been. Congrats
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Online DWT

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2017, 05:23:00 AM »
Well done Sam, dont pay no mind to the keyboard super heros, some people would bitch if hung with a new rope types. I personally have shared a camp with Sam and he is relentless in his pursuit of critters and his succsesses reflects his comittment and dedication and he is very polite and patient with others and always ready to help in anyway he can. He is forthcoming and honest and if integrety and drive and a true love of things wild is bragging then keep on keepin on bud, the haters can piss off.

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2017, 05:42:00 AM »
You will have them kind coming out of the Woodward everywhere you go when your successful,Keep on Keeping on
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 06:03:00 AM »
Wondered where ya been Sam....always enjoyed your posts
Keep posting and thanks for sharing the pics

Online Tom

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2017, 06:10:00 AM »
Agree with the above folks, can't pay mind to the ones who are jealous. Enjoy your success and keep sharing with the rest of us. As always- outstanding critters-have a good season.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©