3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Looking at tigersharks  (Read 1574 times)

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Looking at tigersharks
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 01:33:00 PM »
Black widow sells them

Offline KeganM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2017, 01:47:00 PM »
I love the Tigersharks and will be using them this season as well. I get them directly from Simmons.

I use the sharpenning system from Simmons as well, but intend to try the Rada soon.

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2017, 06:31:00 AM »
Well a little update here.  Got the tigersharks in quickly from BW.  Shot great.  Sharpened w rada....shaving in no time.  Shot a doe last night - they are deadly and leave better than average blood trails.....
Tim B

Offline Hoosier_hunter157

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Tim B- did you start with the Rada right out of the box? I'm having a hard time getting my tiger sharks razor sharp. They will shave hair a little bit, but I'm not completely satisfied yet.

You guys finishing them up with a leather strop or anything? Or 100% all rada?

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 11:20:00 AM »
All rada on that one.  I held by tip and did the back edge of the head first.  Then turn around and put in a short piece of arrow shaft and did the rest of the head.  Very lightly to finish...
Hope that helps
Tim B

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
I can use a 3 sided jewelstick ...a 3 sided file...or the accusharp.  Just did some Battle Axes with the accusharp....and they are nasty.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2017, 12:40:00 PM »
Hoosier, Don't use a lot of pressure when using the rada. Light strokes and if  laying the base of the rada flat on the table make sure to point the tip of the broadhead down at a sharp angle and draw it thru the rada from back to tip. Or you can tilt the rada towards you and pull the broadhead straight back thru the rada.
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Online Longtoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2017, 04:40:00 PM »
I have better luck with an accusharp than the radda?? Beats me but I can't get the radda to work welll
Toelke Pika t/d 54" 52#
Bear Polar 56” 40#
Black Hunter 60" 40#

Online David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2017, 10:16:00 AM »
Ready Edge followed by Smith Broadhead sharpener ending with stropping. All sharpening tools will fit into your pocket.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline Hoosier_hunter157

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2017, 08:53:00 PM »
Besides shaving hair is there any other way to gage when your broadheads are sharp enough to hunt with? Full disclosure, I am a first time trad archer and this is my first time self sharpening broad heads.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2017, 03:50:00 PM »
I use my thumbnail to test sharpness. Rest the edge of the blade on the top of your thumbnail and slightly move it perpendicular. A really sharp blade will catch and dig in. A dull blade will skate. You don't need to push down at all.

For sharpening, I use a paper wheel in the shop and carry a small file and a ceramic rod for touch up in the field. Honestly, though, I don't remember the last time I needed to touch up a head in the field.

Offline Cy14561

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2017, 06:20:00 PM »
I use the work sharp knife sharpener. Only drawback is you need electricity, but I sharpen all my Simmons broadheads with it. Gets em razor sharp.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 09:41:00 AM »
Originally posted by Longtoke:
I have better luck with an accusharp than the radda?? Beats me but I can't get the radda to work welll
I am going to order me an accusharp too to try out as well.  It may be better than the RADA for me.  Or maybe both will work.  I bet if I could find an ultra fine RADA or Accusharp style sharpener, I could even strop my broadhead on it after using the rada or accusharp.  

Tim, thanks for posting this thread.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Online 8upbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 02:07:00 PM »
I have been wanting to try the Tigersharks for some time now also and ordered 6 of them this morning. After reading this I also ordered 3 of the Rada sharpeners which I have used a few times in the past for knives and it worked well.
8upbowhunter
>>>————>

Online 8upbowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 02:08:00 PM »
I have been wanting to try the Tigersharks for some time now and ordered 6 of them this morning. After reading this I also ordered 3 of the Rada sharpeners which I have used a few times in the past for knives and it worked well.
8upbowhunter
>>>————>

Offline SlowBowinMO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
The Smith's broadhead tool has always worked way better for me than the Accu Sharp or the Rada.  You can find them on line and they are not expensive either.
"Down-Log Blind at Misty River"

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Last night I zipped another tigershark through a little one and it never knew what hit it....25 yard dash n dun....I'm liking these tigersharks......
Tim B

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 10:23:00 AM »
just ordered some from BW, looking forward to trying them out!
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 06:48:00 PM »
i bit the bullet and ordered the 165-grain Landsharks from BW. also ordered a 2-pack of Rada sharpeners based on the feedback here. can't wait to see how they do!

$15 each (counting shipping) is steep, but i bet they are awesome. still got my Stinger 150s as a tried and true backup.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 07:27:00 PM »
Originally posted by johnnyk71:
i bit the bullet and ordered the 165-grain Landsharks from BW. also ordered a 2-pack of Rada sharpeners based on the feedback here. can't wait to see how they do!

$15 each (counting shipping) is steep, but i bet they are awesome. still got my Stinger 150s as a tried and true backup.
You did well by buying them.  I use them on everything!  15/Rada is very steep.  I got 2 delivered for under 12.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©