3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Treestand bow holder  (Read 1234 times)

Offline Mountain State Archer

• Trad Bowhunter
Treestand bow holder
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:33:00 AM »
Hey guys....looking for some input/advise on a bow holder to mount on the platform of a tree stand(Lone wolf climber particularly).  I'm looking to avoided using a tree screw in holder as its just one more thing to pack and deal with.   What brand of mount (since they are mostly made for wheel bows) will hold a recurve securely?

Thanks.

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Treestand bow holder
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
Treestand accessory belts are handy with various hangers, hooks, and clips for your gear and bow. They just strap around tree and buckle, no screw in.... That's what I use. Just a thought.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
The problem with all of the tree stand bow holders I'm aware of is it's very easy to knock the bow out of the holder. Might consider using tape to reconfigure and pad the cut-out in the center of the LW platform so it accepts the lower bow limb.

I use tape to pad and reduce the size of one of the grate openings near the front of the stand.  I rest my bow tip in the hole and lean the bow back between my legs.  Always ready in that position.

Online Josh H

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 03:13:00 PM »
This year, I added a Third Hand Treestand Bow Rest to my lone wolf hand climber. (approx 20 bucks)

It is very effective. Love that I don't have to hold the bow the whole time. It is secure, but very easy to remove bow when the moment counts.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2017, 04:20:00 PM »
Originally posted by Josh H:
This year, I added a Third Hand Treestand Bow Rest to my lone wolf hand climber. (approx 20 bucks)

It is very effective. Love that I don't have to hold the bow the whole time. It is secure, but very easy to remove bow when the moment counts.
I've been looking at these Josh.  Are they secure for side to side movement?  I've been concerned I'd knock the bow out the side.

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2017, 07:17:00 PM »
I use a third hand in a very small lone wolf assault stand.  It works great, although in deep winter when i am really bundled up my arm is up against the bow.  Never bumped the bow out of it, but it could be done.  Great addition to my stand!

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
The bow holder from third hand is the best. I used to just take a piece of aluminum rod and bend it around the top piece of my climber and drop it down 4" and then go out away from the stand 4". I'd wrap it with electrical tape. Hang the bow and worked like a top. Advantage to jims bow holder is you can put your bow in it to climb. No pull up rope needed
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Gooserbat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2017, 11:54:00 PM »
Third Hand holder is awesome.  Yes you can even climb with your bow in it.  Just put your bow in upside down and tip.it towards the tree. I never use a pull rope anymore.
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Offline NittanyRider

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 08:29:00 AM »
I added a Third Hand holder to my to my LW Alpha last year and was really pleased with how easy it is to pick your bow up... requires hardly any movement.  Plus they are under $15.  Before you hunt with it, play around with the position on the platform, so that you have enough room for your knees.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2017, 09:28:00 AM »
Thanks for all the great feedback.  Just ordered one

AJ

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 11:30:00 AM »
Originally posted by Josh H:

i'll second this. have one on my Lone wolf hand climber. works great.

edit - guess i should have kept reading to see you ordered one, haha! good choice.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Online Josh H

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 09:40:00 PM »
Glad these guys covered for me.

Check out online videos to see how to install on lone wolf.

Let us know how it works for you.

Josh

Online Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 10:00:00 PM »
I use one like Summit sells. No problems.

Online Possum Head

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
I just looked at the Third hand and it is similar if not better built than my Summit. May have to snag one up!

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2017, 06:09:00 PM »
Third hand is the man.
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline 10essee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
I use a similar holder to the third hand and have never came close to knocking bow out. I feel if I'm moving enough to knock it out then I'm not going to see anything anyways so the bow might as well be on the ground.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 10:41:00 PM »
Inquisitive for those who use the Third hand or something like it.  Where do you position them on the stand?  If you're a right handed shooter, would seem to me you would want the holder on the left side of the stand. But if you put it there, if you use a bow quiver, seems the nock end of the arrows would get tangled in the stand. And, if you put it on the right side, there's a lot of movement involved in retrieving your bow with the right hand and passing it to the left hand for the shot.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2017, 08:40:00 AM »
Great question Orion.  Any suggestions from you guys that have been using one?

Offline the rifleman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
Orion, i put mine on the right side of the upper section of my lone wolf.  I shoot left handed so this is near my bow hand.  I always remove my great northern equiver while i hunt and i put it on the left side of my stand--- i have a binder clip zip tied to my stand there-- open it and insert quiver wire.  I have not found a way to use a bow holder w quiver on bow-- but would like to.

Offline johnnyk71

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2017, 06:53:00 PM »
Originally posted by the rifleman:
Orion, i put mine on the right side of the upper section of my lone wolf.  I shoot left handed so this is near my bow hand.  I always remove my great northern equiver while i hunt and i put it on the left side of my stand--- i have a binder clip zip tied to my stand there-- open it and insert quiver wire.  I have not found a way to use a bow holder w quiver on bow-- but would like to.
same here. i don't shoot with a quiver on the bow, so no problem.
All lefty, all the time...
Martin Hatfield 45#@28"
Liberty Chief Elite 53#
Blacktail Elite V.L. 53#
Maddog Prairie Predator 51#
Sheepeater Spirit 50#
RER Retro 53#
RER LXR Recurve 52#, Longbow 54#

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©