3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: *** FIX FOR HIJACKED MISSING PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES ****  (Read 2630 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
*** FIX FOR HIJACKED MISSING PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES ****
« on: September 22, 2017, 06:47:00 AM »
Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

The Firefox and Chrome browsers now have an optional "Photobucket Fix" Add On that will automatically disable Photobucket image restrictions on 3rd party hosting.  

This is a very good thing and it works well.  EVERYONE should install this to their Firefox or Chrome browser.

As long as the restricted images are still hosted on Photobucket, and they haven't been removed, this fix will now them to appear in forum and blog posts.

In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

For Firefox browser users, goto to the upper right of the screen and click on the 3 horizontal bars ("Open Menu"), click on "Add-Ons", click on "Get Add-Ons", at the bottom of the screen click on "See More Add-Ons!".  A new page will open up, look for "photobucket embed fix", touch it with your mouse pointer and then click on "+ Add to Firefox" then "Add".

For Google Chrome browsers, type in "photobucket embed fix" in the browser search/URL bar and click on the "photobucket embed fix" link.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Re: *** FIX FOR HIJACKED MISSING PHOTOBUCKET IMAGES ****
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 06:54:00 AM »
Awesome!!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 07:02:00 AM »
Is this fix to unblock images you have posted, so other people can see them, or to allow a viewer to see blocked images posted by other people?
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:18:00 AM »
this fix will unblock photobucket's image blocking code and allow images that still exist on photobucket to be seen by anyone.

if the image was removed from photobucket, or its address or name was changed in anyway, the image will be unavailable since it no longer exists.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline Matabele

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
Fantastic! Thanks for the info. I'll get my photos back up with photo bucket but I'm using Imgur in future

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:35:00 AM »
Works like a charm!

:notworthy:  

Way ta go techie...

Offline Nook

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 09:47:00 AM »
FANDAMNTASTIC -    :clapper:
"After all, it is not the killing that brings satisfaction; it is the contest of skill and cunning. The true hunter counts his achievement in proportion to the effort involved and the fairness of the sport." Dr. Saxton Pope
PBS Regular

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
I'll try this at home tonight.  THANK YOU for sharing this.

Not just this forum but others where you try and look back into old threads and the images are "lost".  What a shame.

Photobucket has launched the "New Coke" of image hosts.  I think they doomed themselves with this.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline pinky

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 11:12:00 AM »
It is working, I am seeing more Posted pictures.    :thumbsup:
I used the Chrome fix.
Martin Hatfeild TD (bearings)RC
Trails End     (Good Medicine) RC
Selway (Lil Shooter) LB
Aspen (Elite) LB

Public Land Hunter

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
It's not working for me.  I get the response;

This add-on is not compatible with your version of Firefox.
Download Anyway

Think I made the mistake of updating my Firefox to the newest version, which is not compatible with the fix. I tried downloading it anyway, but that didn't work either.
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 04:03:00 PM »
Walt,
It works for me but I will update my FF version to current and see if there is a difference...

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 04:10:00 PM »
I just initiated an update and was advised that Firefox is set to update itself.  I tried to override that message and was advised that my version was up to date....running windows 10

Still works for me...

Idunno    :rolleyes:

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »
As Rob pointed out, If you see this:  the image is no longer resident in the TG system.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Tony,

I haven't moved or deleted any of the links, they still show up as being Abducted and being held for Ransom by Photobucket.

The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »
Walt, in your post above I can see a hunter hugging a dead critter...is that you?  Can you see the image?

BTW, I posted the above scumbucket image for all to see....not suggesting that you moved or deleted any pics...sorry for the confusion.

Hoping some other guys will post here soon....interested to see what is happening to the masses.

Offline stocker56

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2017, 07:11:00 PM »
Thanks Rob, it's nice not to have lost my pictures that went with the stories. Great fix.    :shaka:    :shaka:     http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=141599;p=1
The brotherhood of man is taken too lightly. The brotherhood of the bow is not. --- Craig Stocker

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2017, 07:18:00 PM »
Yeah!
Craig, all of the pics are intact....cool!!

This is a good day for the Gang!
   :archer:

Online Roy from Pa

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
I run the chrome browser and the fix downloaded for me. I see your lion picture, Walt.

I did not pay PB anything. But I can still view all my pictures there, so I just copy them back to my pc and send to Imgur.

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:00 PM »
If you guys are seeing them, then it might have worked.  It must be something on my end keeping me from seeing them.  I switched my browser to Firefox (tried Chrome also) and deleted all my temporary files and cookies without any luck.  It was mentioned in several of the app reviews I read that you need to delete any downloaded copies.

Roy,
I have full resolution copies of all my pictures on disk, thumb drive, or other hosting sites.  I just don't want to go through every picture I have posted on this, and other sites, to correct the link to them.

Walt Francis

Online chase perry

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:00 AM »
Thank you Rob D.!  Worked great in Firefox.

Best regards, Chase
Proverbs 28:1 "...the godly are as bold as lions."
Isaiah 40:31

BARK, n. The song of the dog. -Ambrose Bierce

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©