3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters  (Read 10100 times)

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good luck NY bowhunters
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2017, 08:46:00 PM »
I agree woodchucker.........and we lost the weekend on the end with the Saturday gun opener. That was in prime time.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
So let me recap so far, Drew got first blood, Marv 2nd, now Alex 3rd, way to go WNY guys.
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
Alex love that snake skinned longbow
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2017, 09:07:00 AM »
Thanks Gerald that's one I made back around 2008 and haven't hunted with it since then. I've been using it at all the shoots this year because it's lighter than my other ones that I've made.

Offline Biggamefish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2017, 10:44:00 AM »
Another sit with nothing in the books!! The turkeys were gobbeling like crazy though. I will try again tonight! Probably melt into the tree!
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.”   M.P.

Offline swampbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2017, 04:46:00 PM »
Watched a medium sized doe for awhile this morning but that was all I saw even though I stayed on stand until 11am. MAN IT'S HOT ! Taking a break until it's less that 60 degrees.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2017, 05:21:00 PM »
I feel the same way Marvin, dying to go back out but
don't want to burn my spot out.

Offline longrifle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: October 14, 2017, 08:50:00 PM »
Hunted with my 13 year old son tonight we saw 5, 2 were bucks but no shot. After they left he told me that was pretty neat , made me feel good knowing that to him just seeing deer close was fun.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: October 14, 2017, 09:03:00 PM »
Nice nothing more special than to spend quality time
with your kids .

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: October 16, 2017, 08:01:00 AM »
Saw my first deer of the year Saturday morning (3.5 days 1 deer   :confused:    :scared:  ) nice little 4 point would have tasted great but alas he stayed out at 40 yards, that's was 8:30am nothing for the rest of the day. However I'm starting to see a lot more buck sign, trees torn up and a few scrapes starting to be tended. Hopefully we'll catch a break in this weather soon can't walk 200yards before starting to sweat.
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2017, 09:05:00 AM »
Friday I had a few hours to hit the woods and with a south wind I headed to a spot I haven't hunted in years. The spot is a nice funnel adjacent to some power lines and covered in white oaks and beech along a tiny creek. I found a tree that would give me cover and good shooting lanes. At 5:30 I noticed two does across the woodlot and it looked as if they might circle down towards me. At 6:00 both made their way by my stand, feeding in and out of beech saplings. The bigger doe was going to pass me at 8 yards broadside. As she walked behind a tree, I drew... she stopped... I held for 10 seconds or so and she stepped out slightly quartering toward me. I knew I could slip the arrow onto where it needed to be. The shot looked perfect and I knew she wouldn't make it long. She made it 150 yards on a dead run before crashing.

Offline nashoba

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
Congrats Greg!    :D

Offline Kopper1013

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Congrats Greg!
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2017, 05:50:00 PM »
Good Shooting Greg! Enjoy the cutlets...  :thumbsup:

... mike ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Offline drewsbow

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2017, 07:35:00 PM »
congrats Greg
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Online 1/4 away

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: October 16, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »
Congrats Greg!    :clapper:
Do not follow where the path may lead.  Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Offline Skipmaster1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: October 16, 2017, 10:27:00 PM »
Thanks guys. It was a great hunt  I went out tonight and saw a few does off a ways and had a young 4 pointer walk under me. Going to try and get out tomorrow evening again.

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 10:03:00 AM »
Congrats Greg.

Saturday I had seven antlerless (one an odd "double button" that may have a interesting rack in a few years).  The button walked a few feet away under my stand.  I could have held out my arm and dropped an arrow on him.  

At two times an our apart I had a doe with twin youngins and both times the older does kept just out of range and walked back and forth along a parallel trail 60 yards west (upwind) of my stand - looking away from me.  It was like they were patrolling.  A pair of the fawns actually bedded 40 yards away at one point.

No real shots presented.  One "iffy" 25 yard on a larger doe that I passed on.  Though I was 3/4 drawn it just didn't feel right - she turned away instead of towards me and never paused.  I'm a 20 yard kind of hunter.

Still hoping for one of the bucks that my trail-cam captured.        :thumbsup:
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 12:58:00 PM »
Leaving for an evening sit shortly. Going to see what's moving this afternoon. Hope to have a bit of action but who knows. It is a beautiful day.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2017, 08:11:00 PM »
Just woodpeckers and chipmunk races, but it was a nice 3 1/2 hour sit. Weather was beautiful.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©