3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Back Packs?  (Read 1016 times)

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
Back Packs?
« on: October 13, 2017, 04:04:00 PM »
I asked this question in another thread but thought it would be best to start a new thread. I'm Looking into purchasing a back pack. Have a trip planned and the pack is mostly used for Hauling Meat back to the boat. Of course it will also carry other important gear but mostly for meat.

Last year I used a Kelty style frame pack and it worked but just heavy. So many different packs and options out there I was hoping to get some good advice from you experienced folks.

Thanks

Gilbert
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Back Packs?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
lots of excellent options from kifaru. expensive but top quality and comfort when hauling lots of weight. american made too. you guys seem to love that.
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:12:00 PM »
Yep, was just looking at the Kifaru packs. A little bit more than I want to spend. May have to use the same pack I used last year. lol.
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 05:14:00 PM »
If it ain't broke, don't fix it...
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 05:16:00 PM »
Some good deals on used Kifaru packs on the Kifaru Insiders Facebook page.  Just open it and hit Join.  Frank or Aron will authorize it and away you go.  Packs for sale almost every day.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline David McLendon

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
I'm looking at Kuiu's packs, I have a Bull-Pac frame with a pack and for meat hauling that's hard to beat but it does have some weight. That 97%+ of the time you are not packing out, weight does matter.
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand.

Offline chinook907

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 08:43:00 PM »
I've had a Seek Outside, Revolution Fortress with some extras for a couple years.  Great pack but spendy.  Light enough at 4lbs that I wear it sometimes when I might ordinarily use a day pack.  Its waterproof, which is a big deal, and I prefer the one big bag concept.  Quarters from most animals will fit in the bag itself, or you can put them between the pack & frame, or remove the bag.
"Have I not commanded you ? Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 09:35:00 PM »
eberlestock is my pack of choice. I have 2 and one has been through the ringer for the last 8 years.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 07:55:00 AM »
I just got a hunter optics pack with meat sling for an upcoming hunt. Solid pack and great meat hauling system.   Put a few miles on it already and been really comfy. Had a kuiu which is super light but didn’t care for how it hauled meat.  Dean
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Offline Tim in Wa.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2017, 09:11:00 AM »
Exo Mountain Gear and Oregon Pack Works both make excellent products and offer great customer service.
 Plus when you call them (except when hunting)you will likely talk to the owner
Tim

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2017, 09:30:00 AM »
I hunt with the Bison Gear Lost River and have a Bull-Pac in the truck or at camp. The Lost River has a removable game bag that is said to hold 60#, but I've not had that much in it. Haul the first load to camp the switch out to the Bull-Pac. Lots of good options out there. I've had my Lost River for a long time and got a great on the Bull Pack.
Mike
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline ShrtRnd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2017, 12:10:00 PM »
If your looking for a minimalist type pack without a lot of exterior add-on & that has a huge load rating. Take a serious look at Stone Glacier packs. You won't be dissapointed and they fall inline with Kifaru, Exo etc in terms of craftsmanship and cost.
Robertson Stykbow Peregrine 60" #65@29"
Robertson Stykbow Prairie Falcon 62" #62@29"
Robertson Stybow Mystical 66" #60@28"
Stalker Coyote FXT  RC 62" #53@29"

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
I bought a stone glacier pack. I haven't had the chance to haul meat with it yet but it seems to be a really good pack.

Offline Xtreme007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2017, 12:23:00 PM »
Give the exo mountain gear packs a look. I have been running one the last 3 season and couldn't be happier. They have a load shelf for hauling meat and treestands and such.

Keep an eye on Rokslide as they are always used packs for sale on there. A lot of times you can find an exo at a great price

Offline Xtreme007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2017, 12:24:00 PM »
Give the exo mountain gear packs a look. I have been running one the last 3 season and couldn't be happier. They have a load shelf for hauling meat and treestands and suck.

Keep an eye on Rokslide as they are always used packs for sale on there. A lot of times you can find an exo at a great price

Offline akbowbender

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »
I've been using the Eberlestock Blue Widow for 5-years or so. Works well while hunting and packing out the meat.
Chuck

Offline Crooked Stic

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2017, 10:54:00 PM »
I have this one for sale.

High on Archery.

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
I'm interested in the responses here. Because Kelty has always been my choice in a frame pack for the last 30 years.

Offline texbow2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 05:55:00 PM »
Though not as cool as Kifaru, Eberlestock and some others....The Cabelas Alaskan pack frame is pretty bombproof and will get the job done for hauling

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 06:58:00 PM »
If the old pack works well and is still in good condition, I would not even be shopping for a new one. The statement you made that you may have to use last year's item suggests it is still in good shape. Yet, I fully admit that sometimes it is nice to buy something new just for fun.
Sam

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©