3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Foley Longbows?  (Read 648 times)

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
Foley Longbows?
« on: October 16, 2017, 05:15:00 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has any feedback on Rons bows. Any info appreciated and pictures always a plus if you have one of his longbows!
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline A.S.

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Foley Longbows?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:00 AM »
My bud, Cool Springer, should be along later.  He has been shooting one for a few years.  It treats him well!

Offline aim small...release

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 11:31:00 AM »
Thank You
Take a deep breath and pick a spot

Offline San Juan Slim

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
Here are some pics of the Foley Custom Bows I won several years ago (2009) in the Compton Dream Raffle.  They are a matched set of longbows, a one-piece and a takedown:

Ron is a great guy and makes really nice bows.  These bows are beautiful and shoot like a dream!  I last visited with Ron when we had the Compton Banquet in Denver a couple of years back.  I killed a whitetail with the takedown the following fall in Michigan.  I shoot them all the time and use the takedown when I travel.  You'll enjoy your Foley and you'll enjoy working with Ron.

Mike

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 01:01:00 PM »
I had a used 62" one piece a few years ago. Very nice fit and finish and a good shooter. I let it go because I dropped down in poundage. Ron builds a nice bow.   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Pat Ct

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 01:49:00 PM »
Check out RMSGEAR. They have a nice selection of new Foley bows for sale. Good way to check wood combos, profiles and prices. Good luck!

Offline Cool Springer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 10:47:00 PM »
As A.S. said, I've owned a Foley takedown longbow for about 4 years now.  I shot a Foley recurve for several years prior to that.  I'm not one to jump from bow to bow, especially when I feel like I'm shooting one that's as good as anything out there. That's why I'm staying with it.  Mine looks very similar to the one in the pictures above.
Javaman Elkheart, 58", 51 @ 30
Foley Longbow 53 @ 30
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 53 @ 29
Allegheny Mountain Recurve 61 @ 29

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©