3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: recommend the ultimate NA hunt  (Read 856 times)

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: recommend the ultimate NA hunt
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2017, 10:58:00 AM »
You might even be able to pick up a combo hunt. This September I'll be doing an unguided hunt for elk in Colorado hunting water holes and alfalfa fields on a ranch with an opportunity to shoot a bear or mule deer.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2017, 08:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by Jerry Russell:
Good for you for dreaming the dream. I too had those dreams of hunting far from home but early on, life got in the way.  Once I took the leap I about lost my mind at how awesome the hunting world was.  I have chased critters in 5 countries and plan on going till I croak.  

If I can be of help in any way just give a shout.  Looks like we are neighbors as I am in North Dawson County.  I would be glad to help you with info on any of animals listed. I have hunted most all of them unguided.

You won't be sorry.  It's an awesome world out there.
we aren't very far at all. I hunt all over Gilmer county. I might be reaching out soon, Im going to start planning a bear hunt for next year.
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline caleb7mm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by GDPolk:
If you like bird hunting with a shotgun, Arkansas has some of the best duck hunting in the world.  
man I know! I have hunted Arkansas a few times for ducks. Guided and unguided ive always done good over there. I was bit addicted to the fowl life for about 10 years. lol
Hoyt Dorado 45&50lb

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 08:27:00 PM »
Jerry is the Gilmer county expert. I bear hunt another 45 minutes or so North of there and we have great success. I dont actually bear hunt but a few days a year (I scout a lot more than I hunt) but Ive never had a season where I wasnt within 15 yards of a bear on at least one occasion. I have a sow with cubs curse or I could carpet entire houses with bear rugs. Hunting those mountains is tremendously rewarding and Id say NE GA is one of the real unknown gems as far as bear hunting in north america goes. One season (summer scouting and 5 days of hunting) I saw nearly 100 different bears.

Good luck on your search!

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 09:14:00 PM »
I suggest you look into a Moose hunt in Newfoundland. Moose there aren't huge like some that come from Alaska, but the last time I checked it was a fairly reasonably priced hunt and if you are wanting to kill a Moose there are no antler/point restrictions. Black Bears there are pretty good sized, but you have some pretty good options for bear in your home state. Good luck on all your adventures.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline pamike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2017, 09:49:00 PM »
Muskox was unbelievable trip

Mountain lion is a must do

Newfoundland moose is crazy with the number of animals

Coues, sitka are coming up for me so we will see soon...
HABU Vyperkahn
Elk master
Hill Country Bobcat

Offline Etter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 11:42:00 PM »
Ive hunted lions in Idaho. It was unreal but a canadian bear hunt coupled with walleye and pike during the day is something everyone has to experience

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©