3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Blak Eagle Instinct other outsert ideas  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
Blak Eagle Instinct other outsert ideas
« on: October 21, 2017, 06:17:00 AM »
Has anyone discovered any other outsert ideas for the Black Eagle instinct shafts? They have the 100 grain stainless outsert. The shaft already has enough grain weight. I'd like to use some of the insert weight for actual point. To take advantage of some of today's best broadhead shapes and sizes. Using the supplied 100 grain insert I might be getting more finished arrow weight than I want. Just wondering what you are using for outserts. Any other input on those shafts.
i'm debating between the vintage and instinct shafts.  I should probably buy both and try them!
Thanks,
Tedd

Offline mikolay87

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Blak Eagle Instinct other outsert ideas
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »
Depending on what size arrow you shoot you can use x impact outserts or deep impact and they are only 40 grains. Youll have to look on the black eagle website and compare the components. I used the deep impact 400 for instinct 500 shafts
All Lefties!!!
60” Big Jim’s Desert Bighorn 37@28
56" Toelke Lynx Recurve 50,46,54@27
60” Primal Tech Recurve 35@28
64" Toelke Lynx Longbow 38,47,51@27
64” Impala supreme 37@28

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 12:07:00 PM »
You just have to use the standard deep impact (DI) 40is grain  alum outsert. DI 300 fits instinct 350, DI 350 fits instinct 400 DI 400 fits instinct 600. Only instinct 500 hasn't a matching DI
Firenock makes very good alum outsert:  Aero Outsert
you can find on their website the corresponding size. As an example on instinct 500 you can use the firenock Aero Outsert 6.02
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 01:39:00 PM »
Ah! Ok. Thank you!
Overall do you like the instincts over the vintage? Or no seeable difference?

Offline hybridbow hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 02:41:00 PM »
Actually i did the opposite I went for deep impact as they are lighter and got me heavy steel insert. I usually prefer light gpi shaft and make a heavy arrow using heavy broadhead and insert
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2017, 03:08:00 PM »
Hybrid, that makes sense. I was using the Rampage for that reason but prefer light colored woodgrain finish  for seeing better when shooting.  Especially in low light. ( i must use the arrow in my sight picture) even though I don't look at it.) I wish the instinct was lighter GPI.
Actually the .204 ID on the rampage is really nice. You can use the HIT Easton inserts.  Black Eagle just needs to put woodgrain on the Rampage shaft. I'm still tempted to use them.

Tedd

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 12:42:00 AM »
The carnivores are a light gpi option. You could always get a wood grain arrow wrap and put it on the end for your periferial vision..  :)  

I have mentioned that to Randy, didn't seem like they were interested in lightening it any. I too would like to
Shoot them, but with that much weight, I have passed up to
This point.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 02:43:00 AM »
I had a chance to shoot the x-impacts with about 350gr up front and they shoot amazing and were about the same weight as my GT standard diameter arrows with only 250 up front, they flew amazing! You could always add a regular arrow wrap to the front for your sight picture!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Tedd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2017, 09:39:00 AM »
The .204 Gold tips are heavy too, And they are black at the end where they should be light colored!!
It sounds like at the is point I should try the standard 5/16 Vintage shaft. The shaft weight on those allows a nice broad head and insert . Reduced diameter is nice but 5/16 kills pretty good too.
I feel like the BE shaft guys are understanding that traditional archers like about 10-11 dpi but have 125gr broad heads stuck in their head.
If anyone is interested in some good Black Eagle arrows. I made up 2 doz .300 Rampage while waiting for a new bow to arrive. I guessed the wrong spine! These are dipped and crested in Flecthlaq. 5" feathers, uncut, unused.
I plan to put them in the classifieds, Just haven't gotten to it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©