3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: First Lite Storm Boundary Pant  (Read 395 times)

Offline vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
First Lite Storm Boundary Pant
« on: October 23, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »
Looking at buying some rain pants and cant decide between first Lite and Kuiu (chugach or yukon).  I own multiple pieces from both companies and am a big fan of both companies.  

I have 2 concerns with First Lite:  first its only 2.5 layer versus kuiu 3 layer and second heard some complaints about First Lite pants being too snug on the cuff going around boots.  I LOVE the fact I can buy the First Lite in solid colors but there are also great reviews for the KUIU rain pants.

SO if I anyone has feedback for either pant I would love to hear it.  I don't want any bashing and would prefer just first hand info.  Thanks gang:)

I don't live in a rain forest but do hunt in rain, snow, and mud everywhere!!

Offline vernon

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: First Lite Storm Boundary Pant
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 11:29:00 AM »
also looking for any input between chugach and yukon from KUIU as well.  thnx

Offline dino

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 03:30:00 PM »
Vernon,
I purchased a pair of the Boudary pants when they first came out as well and the jacket so I have had them for a few seasons.  Have the dry earth color and was one of the deciding factors for me was the solid color.  Took them on a few hunting trips and to Kodiak island which isn't the driest place.  Hunted in several days of rain here at home too.  Been great with no issues, hadn't noticed anything of being too snug on the cuff going around the boots.  I wear Danner Sierra boots most often as well as gators.  Super dry and more durable than I would have first expected.  Torn up a lot of rain gear over the years and these haven't been as susceptible to tears.   Going back to Kodiak this week and forecasting rain every day.  I have all the confidence in them that they are already packed and ready to go.  I don't think that you can go wrong with either and expect the same performance out of both of them.  I hunt with several friends who have the Kuiu also and they get great performance from them as you would expect.  dino
"The most demanding thing you can ask of a piece of wood is for it to become an arrow shaft. You reduce it to the smallest of dimension yet ask it to remain it's strongest, straightest and most durable." Bill Sweetland

Online jrstegner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 03:52:00 PM »
I can't imagine a better pair of rain pants than the first lite.

Offline southernarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »
I have decided to go with the Chugach.
"We do this for fun, but we aren't playing"

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2017, 04:45:00 PM »
Can't go wrong with Kuiu Chugach. The advice I gt when trying to decide between this and the Yukon is that the only reason to have the Yukon stuff is if you're going to guide people in Alaska. It's that heavy duty.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©