3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Info on ILF  (Read 475 times)

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
Info on ILF
« on: October 26, 2017, 11:53:00 PM »
Need some advice on ILF set ups,riser,limbs,shelf,rests, for hunting mostly any info appreciated, thanks Chris

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Info on ILF
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2017, 12:07:00 AM »
As many choices as you can imagine, wood risers, metal risers, limb choices that boggle the mind. My choice for a hunting rig is a Hoyt Excel riser with TT carbon/foam limbs. I have an AAE maxflight rest. Endless loop string. Not sure what brand bowquiver, it was given to me.  Right now this rig is at my son’s house in PA. Hoping to get to use it soon.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
I just set up a new Win&Win Black Wolf riser with a set of Uukha EX1 Evo2's, MAN what a sweet rig!  Shoots like a dream.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 08:45:00 AM »
Find yourself a cheap 'warf' riser or Hoyt Excel and an inexpensive set of Sebastian Flute or Kaya limbs to get you started.  You can shoot off the shelf using a furniture pad sideplate or get a cushion plunger and a flipper rest.  ILF is a whole world of adjustability, the Tradtalk site is devoted to it and a wealth of information.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 01:00:00 PM »
I got a warfed riser for $80 bucks, and a set of limbs for $90. Shooting it of the shelf and it shoots as good as my high dollar rigs. Just take your time and find gear the fits you and your style of shooting.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2017, 07:43:00 PM »
Only thing I'll add, if you want to use longbow limbs, get the riser from the same bowyer. Sometimes they will interchange between brands well and sometimes not, I recommend playing it safe with those unless you can shoot the combo first.
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2017, 08:09:00 PM »
I shot a warf Bear riser/Hoyt shorts limbs with plates installed for the first time ever last night in my basement. Didn't even put a rest on it, shot right off the hard riser shelf. I just wanted to see how the bow felt on the shot, didn't expect any accuracy. Eyeballed the nock point and let`er rip. At 15 yards my first shot hit bull. The next shot scraped a feather almost off the first arrow. Amazing that these warf ILF bows shoot that well. Dang thing is dead in the hand and super smooth. Cant wait to shoot it more once it's actually tuned!
Mark 1:17

Offline John Havard

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Every serious competitive archer shoots ILF bows.  There are many reasons why.  The ability to interchange limbs and risers is a big plus.  There are a couple of benefits to using bolt-down risers and matched limbs versus ILF.  But overall ILF is where most of the industry is going.

Offline Cwilder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2017, 10:00:00 PM »
We need more info from you.
What’s your DL this will help with picking a length riser and limbs
What weight are you looking to shoot
Are you looking to shoot of the shelf or a rest and plunger
Shoot me a pm I’m willing to help you as much as I can
I love Bow Hunting

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2017, 10:28:00 PM »
Thanks for all the info

Offline BamaBarebow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2017, 10:42:00 PM »
I recently put together an ILF bow. It is my first one so I wanted to stay sorta inexpensive and I really like it so far..

I'm using a 21" Hoyt Excel riser ($200) with SF Axion+ limbs. ($89). Medium length limbs + 21" riser = 64" bow.. I'm shooting off of a NAP Centerrest.  It is a great shooting bow. Smooth draw, decently quiet(haven't done anything besides rubber string silencers), and not much if any handshock.
Bama Bows Hunter 53lbs @ 28”
Genesis 27:3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©