3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thunderstick and easton Axis traditional arrows  (Read 315 times)

Offline Dakota bays

• Trad Bowhunter
Thunderstick and easton Axis traditional arrows
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:36:00 PM »
Hi, I have recently bought an original thunderstick longbow built in 1999 its 64” long
49# @28” . Although i draw 29.5 to 30”
I will be using my bow mainly for hunting but i will target shoot alot too. Accuracy is very important to me and this is what brings me to these questions....

The seller did not know what the brace height recommendations are for the bow.
Does anyone have a thunderstick and know what brace height your using or where i should even start at?

Also I am about to order arrows and I am looking at the easton axis traditional arrow shafts. What spine would i need ? Im thinking 400 grain but im really not sure.
Im just unfamiliar with adding weight to the front of my arrow such as using brass inserts that weigh 50-75 gr
Or should i even use these brass inserts and go with the aluminum inserts instead
I plan on shooting 100-150 gr broadheads
I guess i really dont know what my arrow should weight total or any of that.
Thank you for any help!!!

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thunderstick and easton Axis traditional arrows
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 05:04:00 PM »
I shoot a Thunderstick MOAB, and the brace height is arount 6 3/4".  I would start from there.  My bow is 48@30, and I draw arount 31.5".  I shoot GT 400's, full length, with a 100 grain brass insert and 125 grain broadhead.  The total weight is somewhere in the 520-530 range I think.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©