3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Nebraska Hunting  (Read 305 times)

Offline jonwilson

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Backwoods Grind Coffee Company
Nebraska Hunting
« on: November 03, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »
Looks like I’ll be traveling to Nebraska (Omaha, specifically) at least 4 times a year for work starting the middle of this month. I’m wondering if someone could be so kind as to let me know if there is any good public land around Omaha for hunting deer and turkey.

Thanks in advance!
Coffee for the outdoorsman:
  backwoodsgrind.com

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Nebraska Hunting
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 12:13:00 AM »
Jon,

There are small pieces of public land within an hour's drive of Omaha but they tend to get hunted pretty hard.  Most of the public land is in central and northwest Nebraska.  There is an interactive public lands mapping tool you can access.   http://outdoornebraska.gov/publicaccessatlas/

There are a few state parks within 1.5 hours of Omaha that allow archery hunting in the last month of the season.  A call to Nebraska Game and Parks commission should help quite a bit.  Drop me a PM and may be we can exchange phone numbers if you would like to talk.

Mike
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline jonwilson

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
Thanks for the information, Mike!

I'll do that. I am headed up there next Monday for a week. Maybe we could meet up for coffee or something. I'd definitely like to meet more trad archers. I'm new to this (trad archery, not hunting) and want to learn everything I can.
  backwoodsgrind.com

Offline smoke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 03:04:00 PM »
If you ever get to Lincoln, shoot me a note and I'll buy you a beer to discuss trad archer!

Offline jonwilson

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
I like Lincoln! Been there once a few years ago. I'd like to visit again. Wish I could remember the cafe I enjoyed so much. I believe it was downtown.

I'll definitely get in touch if/when I go back.
  backwoodsgrind.com

Offline bowslinger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 04:49:00 PM »
I leave for northwest Nebraska Saturday the 11th for 9 days; deer rifle season.  I may get the chance to do a little pheasant and grouse hunting, fly fishing for browns and rainbows.  Also taking bow in case I tag out early.  In Nebraska, you can bowhunt during the rifle season as long as you follow blaze orange requirements.  Wasn't always the case.
Hunting is the only sport where one side doesn't know it's playing - John Madden

Offline jonwilson

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »
Good luck Mike!
  backwoodsgrind.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©