3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Detachable Quiver?  (Read 542 times)

Offline Luke Perring

• Trad Bowhunter
Detachable Quiver?
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:06:00 AM »
Just curious if anyone makes a good looking detachable one piece quiver for a Longbow. I love the looks of a Selway style quiver but hate shooting with them on. Would love a nice leather looking quiver that would attach to my bow for the carry in and then detach and hang in the tree.
THANKS!
"He guides our steps, he guides our arrows home..."

Online Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Detachable Quiver?
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:52:00 AM »
Selway makes a quick detach model
Terry
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:18:00 AM »
I have a "temporary" strap on Great Northern adjustable "Professional"(?) bow quiver that does a good job. Though I have yet to get paid for using it.  I can recommend it for serviceability and it does have a nice leather hood.

Adjustable so it will fit on multiple bows.

I don't know if any bow quiver looks very good.
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Online J. Cook

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
All the straps on are removable very easily - Great Northern, Thunderhorn, Kanati Angle Pro or Dual Arc (if you can find one), EFA...all have one piece options.
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 11:41:00 AM »
Not exactly one piece but the thunderboa is a strap on type that fits almost any bow.  Once arrows are in it - then it kinda becomes one-piece.  I do just like you say...take it off and hang in tree and have not had any issues.

Also - my thunderboa had the strap attatchment break - so I called them and they told me the rubber straps on mine were made of a rubber they had some problems with and they sent me 2 new straps and attatchments for free. Ima thunderboa man from here on out.  

Now the thunderboa is only 50 some bucks but has a black plastic hood.  It's very easy to make a custom leather hood to fit over it and glue and stitch it down.  
Tim B
If ya wanna se mine PM me w a email address

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2017, 11:56:00 AM »
I should add the company is thunderhorn and the model I speak of is the "thunder boa"
Tim B

Offline Car54

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2017, 01:27:00 PM »
I ordered the small fry Boa Thunderhorn last week, hopefully get it next week. Looks like its a good one.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2017, 02:05:00 PM »
I know Big Jim has made a bracket to make his one piece. Not sure he offers them commercialy but it's worth an email to see what he can Doo. Pretty slick design. Otherwise I have been happy with great northerns
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Wapiti Chaser

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2017, 08:00:00 PM »
You will be very happy with the small fry BOA I have had few and they are great ! I just put a Thunderhorn two point on my take down and it's rock solid and just the right size .
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2017, 08:10:00 PM »
If you ha e a 3pc takedown bow, you can’t beat a Great Northern Quick Detach quiver!!!

If not a takedown, the GN strap on is a great choice.

Bisch

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:00 AM »
I didn't like them at first, now I won't hunt without one on my bow, maybe give them a little more time to grow on you, adds a lot of mass and stability in my opinion. I know I shoot better with them on than off. Other than that I don't know of any quick disconnect like I think you are talking about that don't need quiver inserts in the riser. They do make some great over the shoulder quivers that hold the arrows safe and secure and protect the broadheads. Safari Tuff makes a pretty bullet proof one that even protects the feathers from the elements too!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2017, 10:21:00 AM »
Most of the bow quivers that we sell are 3 or 4 arrow models that are small and lightweight. The most popular system is our Talon Grip system with Velcro wrapping around the fadeout. Along with our Totem shaft it is a one piece quiver that can be detached (if desired) in the tree stand. Personally I prefer to leave the quiver on the bow, and the bow seems to rest comfortable across my lap.

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
Yes, "ONE PIECE". We use a Totem to connect the hood with the gripper assembly, making it basically a one piece quiver.

The idea was to stay away from the machine shop,and keeping the length of the shafting as hidden as possible. The shafts telescope one inside the other to accommodate various riser lengths. It is simple, lightweight, and effective.
   :knothead:    :knothead:

Offline batbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2017, 01:32:00 AM »
I definitely prefer my eagles flight quivers to the great northern and Selway quivers I own.
They are a little smaller, more compact, and I personally like the style of them and the totem works great.
I have these in both bolt on and the Talon grip system, and I like the  Talon system - very easy on and off and very secure on.
Stalker Coyote 56, 49@28
Acadian woods carbon recurve 58 46@28
Black widow pch 58, 40@28
Browning Nomad Stalker 45# 28
Morrison 58, 47@28
Black Widow PCH 58 in 40#@28

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2017, 07:32:00 AM »
I have an EFA setback and love it.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2017, 01:58:00 PM »
Originally posted by 2fletch:
Yes, "ONE PIECE". We use a Totem to connect the hood with the gripper assembly, making it basically a one piece quiver.

The idea was to stay away from the machine shop,and keeping the length of the shafting as hidden as possible. The shafts telescope one inside the other to accommodate various riser lengths. It is simple, lightweight, and effective.
    :knothead:      :knothead:  
The adjustability of my "ONE PIECE" EFA is phenomenal.  I love it.  

It'll work on every bow I own.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©