3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Good day, bittersweet.  (Read 191 times)

Offline cchoward

• Trad Bowhunter
Good day, bittersweet.
« on: November 06, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
I have the whole week off to hunt, so this morning I headed out to a spot at the state park I hunt.  A nice funnel between two areas where all the trees had been cut and left laying. On the fringes of these plots is bedding with about a 30 yard lane of sparsely wooded, grassy, flat ground in between, loaded with trails.  I had hunted this spot last week in my climber in the one tree that was climbable, despite seeing two bucks and three does I had felt very exposed.  So today I went a little further in and set up on the ground in a blowdown.  I got set up just as legal shooting light was underway.  About a half hour later I see movement heading my way.  Antlers.  From forty to fifty yards away I could tell this was a good buck.  As he sauntered closer I counted ten points.  Nice, wide, typical rack.  He gets about twenty yards away from me and stops to browse a bit.  Now he's about eight yards away from me and stares directly at me, tenses up, stomps.  Then he decides I'm just a weird looking tree limb and starts getting closer.  He starts to turn broadside about five yards from me, completely relaxed, he offers me at least a half dozen perfect shot opportunities before he passes, hits my trail in, turns around, takes about three big leaps then trots off.  We only get one buck tag in PA and I got mine a month ago.  Third buck to beg me to shoot him since I tagged mine.  If only he had been pushing some does my way.  Oh well, it was an awesome experience and I hope he makes it through the season.  Also, got my euro mount back, (was my first deer ever), if anyone wants to see it and can help me post pics I'd be happy to share.
Maturity is a bitter disappointment for which no remedy exists, unless laughter can be said to remedy anything.

Online awry

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good day, bittersweet.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 08:24:00 PM »
Does sound like a good day
Sorry, can’t help on the pics. Sure someone else will

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Good day, bittersweet.
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 09:46:00 PM »
Hey, Youre into deer, its all you can ask for!  sounds like a  great exncounter