3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Quick Question.  (Read 313 times)

Offline T. W. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
Quick Question.
« on: November 13, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
Has anyone ever taken a loved one's cremated ashes and used an arrow to cast them over an area the loved one wanted them to.
If so, I have someone that would like to know if this would be possible and what would be the logistics.

Your serious answers would be appreciated.

Terry Harris

Online Stumpkiller

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quick Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 02:34:00 PM »
Without being too indelicate - there will be about one or two pints of ashes by volume and may have larger pieces/  Like two sandwich baggies full.  I have been to ceremonies where some of the ashes were fired in shotshells.  

Had heard of one disastrous attempt to fly over Cayuga Lake and and dump an urn (#1 - sealed in a plastic bag inside the urn, #2 - bag ripped when they tried to open it, #3 - a lot of wind inside the small aircraft cabin brought about half of it back inside).

I would recommend a ceremony with an arrow launched, maybe with some of the ashes on the blunt head.  But I don't think it would be practical to get them all spread that way.

Another possibility is making a head that would work like those we used to use to make a baby-powder trail with model rockets.  Below is a link.  Down the page a ways is a diagram showing how you build the capsule with a ram tube and vent to get the powder to flow.  Just a hole front and back will not work.

Good luck and condolences.  

https://rocketdungeon.blogspot.com/2011/01/reviews-three-nike-smoke-like-objects.html
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Offline T. W. Harris

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Quick Question.
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 02:49:00 PM »
Thanks Stumpkilller,  He was asking about the entire amount, I told him I didn't think, with the bulk & weight, it could be done by arrow.

Thanks for your response.

Terry Harris

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©