3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Lighter fluid Hand warmers  (Read 927 times)

Offline PeteA

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Lighter fluid Hand warmers
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2017, 04:02:00 PM »
LOL, have that metal felt warmer that takes the sticks. Must be 35-40 years old. I have 1/2 a box of sticks left. Lite one up a couple weeks ago. It worked great! We used to pull a little of the fiberglass insulation out of the cavity in the box. It would burn even warmer.
Predator Hunter 46#@28
'70 Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28
'72 Bear Grizzly 45#@28

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2017, 06:11:00 PM »
I wish I had taken a picture of the Jon-e handwarmers lined up on the wood stove before going out for rifle season. They were just horrible. Smelled and went out at the worst of times. I had mine since I was a scout in 1956 and still have it, maroon felt bag and all.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2017, 07:44:00 PM »
I went by ACE a little while ago, and they had a rack full of the fuel warmers. These are marketed by Zippo, but they are just like those from the old days.
Sam

Offline Brazos

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 09:08:00 PM »
Just recieved a couple Zippo hand warmers I ordered after reading this,  I am trying one out right now and having it laying on my chest.  Works very well.  They seem very well made. I ordered the Zippo hand warmer fluid with it as they said it doesn't stink like lighter fluid.  I don't really notice an odor  unless I stick my nose up to it.  Until I compare it to regular lighter fluid I can't tell if it is better or not.  Pretty cool to rediscover some old time technology.  Thanks to the OP.  I forgot stuff like this existed.

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 08:08:00 PM »
I still have one of those red felt heaters. I think you had to light both ends of that gold stick. Can't remember how long they lasted, but they didn't stink like the Jon-e hand warmers. I'll have to find some of those sticks.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©