3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: need a good sd card reader for a present  (Read 316 times)

Offline John Malone

• Trad Bowhunter
need a good sd card reader for a present
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
Hello guys.  I want to get my step father a better sd card reader to view his trail cam pics. His brother got him hooked on them a couple years ago, other that the man hates technology. Mom is a system analyst and in 22 years cant get him to touch a computer. A laptop is out. Does anyone know of a large card reader for those things. His is about 2 by 4 (?) inches or so. I've seen him use a magnifying glass trying to see the times and dates. I know squat about them so if any of you have ever had that problem or just know of something better id appreciate the help.
Life is to short to pass up anything that could potentially be bow wood!

Offline RIng

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: need a good sd card reader for a present
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 08:55:00 AM »
At any of the big mall outlets ( Walmart )you can get a digital pic. frame . That is what I used before my daughter got me a laptop . They are cheap and can be found in different sizes . Put the card in and see the pic.

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:59:00 AM »
Does it have to be portable and used in the field?  If not, many of the newer TVs have card readers that are really simple to use and the prices have come way down over the years.

You insert the card on mine and it starts a slideshow automatically. One thing I don't remember is if mine has a delete function built in.
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Offline John Malone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:51:00 PM »
No it doesn't have to be portable, thanks guys. I'm not much on technology myself either. Ill check out that tv thing.
Life is to short to pass up anything that could potentially be bow wood!

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
You can't get any more simple than the Stealth Cam card reader. They are about $60.  You can view pictures and video.  
 https://www.academy.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_10051_3104192_-1?gclid=CjwKCAiArrrQBRBbEiwAH_6sNHO2uEUcYo-tJClfkldSuWN-ZYGV0_hUthAhq3PPXN_kDBenUOdtgBoCK0gQAvD_BwE

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©