3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: tree saddle?  (Read 1263 times)

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
tree saddle?
« on: November 17, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
Anyone hunt from a tree saddle?  

curious as to how they would work with a trad bow.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Tradesmen4

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: tree saddle?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 02:39:00 PM »
I hunt with guido's web. and it's not a problem
greg ketchum

Offline JMR

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 03:02:00 PM »
That's funny, I was just watching YouTube videos about this and wondering the same thing.

Offline Basinboy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 03:31:00 PM »
I ordered a saddle and I’m going to give it an honest try.
Primal Tech Longbow 42#@26” 62” amo
Palmer Longbow 43#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 48@26" 58" amo
Osage Selfbow 38#@26” 64” amo

PBS Associate Member
Compton Member

Offline kevsuperg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 04:39:00 PM »
If you want a quidos better hurry. He's retiring.
USAF Medic 1982-1992
Life member BHA.
RMEF, PBS, Compton, idaho trad bow hunters

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:00 PM »
I saddle hunt with my short longbows and it's no problem.  There are a few adjustments that can be made with certain saddles to prevent your string from contacting your bridge/rope on certain shot angles.  

The used market is starting to open up on the old trophyline saddles since New Tribe has released the Aero Hunter Kestrel.  Expect prices to drop drastically.
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 11:13:00 AM »
Several years ago I had a tree saddle.  I have never felt safer in a tree.  It does take some practice getting use to it and shooting out of it.  Practice with it during the off season before you go hunting.  I wish they still made them.
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
Excellent piece of equip.  Absolutely conducive to trad.  There is a learning curve, but well worth it.  google and youtube- lots of modifications that make it even easier to use.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:16:00 PM »
We made some years back that were adjustable and would spike in with body weight.    I was a monkey in those days and could climb a pole with a piece of rope in a  grip loop.    It all depends on the tree for how much fun the sit would be and how practical a shot would be from it.

Offline fujimo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »
i built my own setup- and it works really well- lot cheaper than buying the full rig- but i think the saddles are good bang for your buck- if you have the buck that is

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
A different company is making one now.  Check out New Tribe climbing gear's Aero Hunter Kestrel.  It is far superior to the original Trophyline tree saddles in my opinion.  Made by an outfit that knows this kind of gear and designed by hunters.
Take care,
Jason

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 07:48:00 PM »
That Kestrel rig looks badass!  I've been hunting on the ground with an ASAT suit but this thing looks neato.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline Jasper2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 09:05:00 PM »
Yes it is Chuck.  I've hunted out of the Trophyline Ambush saddle, The Aero Hunter Evolution (which was New tribe's first shot at the hunting saddle market), and the Kestrel.  Still have them all but the Kestrel is as close to perfect as I've seen and is really well thought out.  Check out saddlehunter.com for more information than you will ever need.
Take care,
Jason

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2017, 10:26:00 AM »
The only thing holding me back is the 6 week wait time.  I can't do that atm.  in 6 weeks, our season will pretty much be over.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 11:03:00 AM »
Get it buddy. We'll have a new season next year.   :thumbsup:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 03:43:00 PM »
I'm very interested in getting one but are they really comfortable to hunt out of? Also, it seems like to would be perfect to get up in the branches to use?
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2017, 09:58:00 PM »
Love my saddle! It's been my main hunting setup for over a decade. I've shot a lot of deer with my trad bows from it. I cut the upper straps off the ambush saddle so it's smaller and easy to pack, I keep it in my back pack with some extra tree steps. You can hunt anything from a crooked bush 8 feet off the ground to any normal setup. As mentioned there's a little getting used to it but once you figure it out it's comfy and it can be shot out of very nicely. I have dozens of trees setup in my hunting areas so I can bounce around like a squirrel depending on wind and such. I built a small platform that straps to the tree for if I'm sitting all day that fits in my backpack, works nice.
Love the Lord, love your wife and kids, work hard, hunt harder

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2017, 09:01:00 AM »
Thanks for answering Boone on the comfort issue. Do you use the optional back support strap?

I'm going to buy the aero hunter kestrel and just know if i'll need the back suport strap or not. Seems like it is one more thingto adjust before I can take a shot.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2017, 08:25:00 PM »
Well funny enough I'd never heard of the kestrel before? I just looked em up they seem pretty sweet! I bought the old brand trophy line tree saddle years ago and have been so happy with it I've never looked at any others. My saddle with the upper straps cut off basically looks just like the aero kestrel hunter without the back support. That being said I have no idea how the back suppport may add to the comfort or if it would possibly get in the way. I sit all day often in mine during the rut and it's all about how you set it up weather your comfy or not. The angle of the tree, how your steps, platform or branches feel etc... I wear knee pads and that is hugely important I think.
A lot of guys write these harness systems off I think because at the get go it seems complicated or weird but like so many things once you figure it out Its so simple and effective. In the end I use it because personally it makes me a better hunter. I can generally silently setup a tree and be hunting in minutes, when I'm in the tree I'm so hidden. I'm a big guy 6'7" in my saddle I stay tight up to the trunk and look like a big ol branch coming out at an angle haha. The way you can swing around the tree silently allows for getting on deer that get behind you or are moving through quick etc... on many occasions I've stalked into and area, setup a tree that seemed right in a situation that felt right, shot a deer from that setup and never hunted that tree again, it's awesome!

Offline Boone the Hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 08:45:00 PM »
I should add too some compact light climbing sticks are a good accessory for public land or states that don't allow screw in steps. I have 4 muddy brand ones that I bundle together tight to keep quite and wow you want to talk about really setting up fast. I used them recently on a bear hunt The guide was baiting the spot on his 4 wheeler he dropped me 20 yards from the set to get in a tree a few minutes later I was up and hanging in my saddle with my climbing sticks before he was finished.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©