3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: X Stand Climbers  (Read 904 times)

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
X Stand Climbers
« on: November 25, 2017, 03:00:00 PM »
I was in the market for a new, lighter weight climber. I found an X Stand adrenaline for a good price online for a Black Friday deal. The reviews look good, but I have no first hand knowledge. Any of you guys have experience with X Stand tree stands?

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: X Stand Climbers
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 08:49:00 PM »
I have X stand sit and climb, used it twice and ordered a Lone Wolf. It might work better in other locals, but it didn't like cottonwoods
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »
Mine will probably be on pines more than anything, with the occasional oak.

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 09:18:00 PM »
Too bad you aren't local, I'd sell you mine, but no way I'm shipping it anywhere
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Online BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 10:48:00 PM »
Mine was the sit and climb. Worked good once I made a few changes. Problem was it’s small and I’m not. Lol. If your around 5’9” or under and average weight or less you’d prolly love it. My knees stayed in the tree when climbing but once set up it did ok. Not for long sits but for 2 or 3 hours it was fine. It’s not in the same league as my summit.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 07:04:00 AM »
My buddy, ethan has an xstand. It is a dream for packing in long huals on public geound like we do. I have a summit that i love, bit this year after walking aroubd with ethan gor a few days im going to invest in one. They wont win any comfort awards, but ill gladly trade that for weight and packability. If you put MOLLE staps on it youll have a dream public land get up. Thats my plan anyway.

Well worth the money IMO, theyre only about 150 bucks online right now too.
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Online gvdocholiday

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 07:31:00 AM »
Loudest stand I ever tried to use.
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 09:26:00 AM »
Originally posted by huskyarcher:
My buddy, ethan has an xstand. It is a dream for packing in long huals on public geound like we do. I have a summit that i love, bit this year after walking aroubd with ethan gor a few days im going to invest in one. They wont win any comfort awards, but ill gladly trade that for weight and packability. If you put MOLLE staps on it youll have a dream public land get up. Thats my plan anyway.

I got this one just for public land since I hunt out of permanent ladders at the lease. I didn't get the sit and climb, this is a hand climber model. I knew to get one this light there would be some trade off's, but I'm hoping it will work well for a half dozen or so public land hunts late season every year. I won't make any all day sits in it so it should be ok. I never hunt more than 12 ft or so anymore and always wear a safety harness even at that height so we'll see how it goes!! I just know my Summit Goliath can be brutal to pack in very far.

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 10:32:00 AM »

Dalton,

I thought your buddy had a lock on X stand?
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 10:36:00 AM »
I have a lonewolf sit and climb.  I have yet to use it as a sit and climb.  I use it just like a hand climber and slide the bar up under while climbing.  

It is without a doubt my favorite stand I have ever touched by butt to.  It packs great, weight is great, climbs great, and is the quietest stand i've ever used or heard of.

The only problem I've seen with some larger trees(not "huge" ones) that the LW isn't very wide.  Even if it fits around the tree, if its close to the max diameter, it'll have be slightly harder to start climbing with, but that is usually only a couple steps up the tree.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline JamesV

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 02:54:00 AM »
My wife loves her X stand

James
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Offline emac396

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 07:05:00 AM »
I bought one for my GF and I like it. I am not impressed with the quality control. Welds are fair fit and finish fair. I feel it's safe just not Lonewolf quality. It's super lite and easy to pack. And it is cheaper than most others.

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 07:52:00 AM »
Originally posted by emac396:
I bought one for my GF and I like it. I am not impressed with the quality control. Welds are fair fit and finish fair. I feel it's safe just not Lonewolf quality. It's super lite and easy to pack. And it is cheaper than most others.
Good to know. I only climb about 12' at the highest and wear my harness. Lots of times I stop at 10'. And it'll only be for 3-4 hour sits. Lightweight and easy to pack, and of course safe, were the main things I wanted.

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 11:47:00 AM »
The weight of the X-1 climber is attractive for hunting public land where carrying a stand in-out each trip is necessary.
Mark 1:17

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 12:08:00 PM »
Originally posted by DanielB89:

Dalton,

I thought your buddy had a lock on X stand? [/b][/QUOT

No sir, hes got the climber.

Like others have said, its def. not a summit or lone wolf, but i have a summit and there are things it does better than the summit no doubt. For what you're describing, Im not sure you would see much benefit to a lone wolf or summit over the xstand.

Good luck with whatever you buy! Climbers are a diff. ball game and there are a lot of tips and tricks you will learn that make them my go-to stand choice. They can, however, be frustrating if not used properly. It just takes time.

Shoot straight!

:campfire:    :campfire:
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2017, 05:31:00 PM »
Sounds like your committed! Watch the arm rests and steep shots, they can get in the way!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.

Offline DarrinG

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 06:05:00 PM »
The X-1 climber is •NET WEIGHT: 9.6 Lbs. (frame only)•GROSS WEIGHT: 13.8 Lbs. (including all accessories).

I thought that the Summit Open Shot was the lightest climber I had found at 15 Lbs, but this X-1 is a couple pounds lighter. A few pounds starts to feel like 50 pounds after a long hike.
Mark 1:17

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by BOHO:
Mine was the sit and climb. Worked good once I made a few changes. Problem was it’s small and I’m not. Lol. If your around 5’9” or under and average weight or less you’d prolly love it. My knees stayed in the tree when climbing but once set up it did ok. Not for long sits but for 2 or 3 hours it was fine. It’s not in the same league as my summit.
I have the same feeligs as this

Offline CRM_95

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2017, 01:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by chris K.:

Originally posted by BOHO:
I have the same feeligs as this [/b]
Well I'm not too heavy, I weigh 175-180 but I'm 6'4'' lol. Climbing is always the easy part for me with any climbers, long legs help me get up and down pretty quick. Especially since 12 feet is about where I like to be. Being comfortable is a problem sometimes. We'll see how it goes. These will be relatively short sits so I'm not too worried.

Offline chris K.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2017, 04:12:00 PM »
Being taller will make it more difficult for you. Thats the problem I had. Climbing up trees wore me out, going down wasn’t as bad bit climbing with my X Climber just plumb wore me out and I am almost 6’ tall.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©