3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Longbow Gift from Friend  (Read 302 times)

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
Longbow Gift from Friend
« on: November 27, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
Just wanted to share this story with everyone.. A couple of years back my best friend Jimmy Meadows from Kentucky was visiting me here in Virginia. One day while shooting a 3D shoot at Dixie Bowmen Archery Club, Jimmy wanted me to shoot a 60" kentuckian Flatbow which was 62@27 my draw is 30". Well a shot the bow and Wow I fell in love with the bow, After shooting the bow Jimmy smiles and says "Its Yours". I was shocked. To make a long story short, this past year I killed by best buck ever with the bow. I shoot this bow almost daily. It fits me like a glove.
 Well on November 24 Jimmy came in town and was over at my house when he yelled "Give me a hand" Well I opened the door to my house and Jimmy handed me a Kentuckian Longbow 64" 59@ 27... Oh my it was beautiful.... Again Jimmy says "Its yours brother, I know you liked Kentuckians"   Guys this bow is awesome too... I ordered from Three Rivers this morning new string and arrow rest for this new kentuckian gift... Cant wait to shoot this beauty...... Thank you again Jimmy Meadows for an awesome gift....
Floyd Crowder

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Longbow Gift from Friend
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2017, 06:06:00 PM »
Man what generosity.  Sounds like a great person and a great friend. Can you describe the profile of a kentuckian flatbow. By the way i met you at s dixie shoot this May
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2017, 07:00:00 PM »
I remember you...hello...... this Kentuckian flat bow is 60" 62@ 27 which I draw 30"   A flatbow has wider and thicker limbs than a regular longbow. also the grip is completely round. to me its like grabbing a broom stick handle. But man this thing is a shooter..FAST..Jimmy Meadows and I have been friends for 30 years and his a hell of a person an a great friend.
Floyd Crowder

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 08:29:00 PM »
Ain't it great to have generous friends? These are great gifts, indeed.
Sam

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2017, 08:55:00 PM »
very cool indeed!!
  :archer:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©