3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Safety Harness - Suggestions Please  (Read 932 times)

Offline Hummer3T

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Safety Harness - Suggestions Please
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2017, 06:35:00 PM »
go climbing harness, look on REM, MEC sites, cheap and really good models.  make sure you get quick adjustable legs, I made the mistake of not.  changes over the season of closes, layering, etc.
Life is about learning from your mistakes!

Chek-mate hunter I 62" riser with 60" limbs 49&42lbs@28

Samick Sage 62" 50lbs@28

Big Jim Mountain Monarch Recurve  60 inch / 50 lbs @ 28

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
I too changed to a black diamond climbing harness and a tether.  Much lighter and more flexible/practicle for shots from the tree.  Both deer I got this year so far would have been not possible with my old HSS vest or SOP harness. Another plus is, in an emergency you would be hanging facing the tree rather than hanging by the nap of the neck facing away from the tree 6' below the stand
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 11:34:00 AM »
I notice you’re using a Lone Wolf Stand... The original Safety Belt that came with the stand is the one I’m currently using l. It’s grey and the leg straps have J-Hooks that slide under and hook on the waist band area. Works pretty good for me as it’s pretty minimalist and doesn’t get in the way of clothes /shooting etc...  I feel like “fit” is a big thing so hopefully you can try on whichever model you’re considering... Some of them will bind, pucker, rub, click in various areas that drives me nuts. Certainly worth the money to find a comfortable, safe harness that works for you, and not against you...

Online Trenton G.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
I really like my hunter safety system. Its comfortable and doesn't get all twisted up like my previous harnesses.

Online TGbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 02:43:00 PM »
I have the BD Alpine bod I think it is.
I haven't gotbto use it yet but it feels comfortable.
I dont like the restricrions of a full body harness.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©