3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow “holder”  (Read 1162 times)

Offline Yolla Bolly

• Trad Bowhunter
Arrow “holder”
« on: November 30, 2017, 11:57:00 PM »
I am looking for devices that hold an arrow in place on the string and rest. I searched “arrow gripper” and got references to various quiver component. “Arrow holder” gave me nada.  Any suggestions?
Thanks
"Son, yeh gotta learn the Tehama 3-step."   Homer Whitten.

Offline madmaxthc

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow “holder”
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 12:52:00 AM »
Something like this?

Although it's a DIY thing, and requires drilling a hole into your bow...

But I remember someone else posted on this forum PowWow regarding this topic. Happy digging  :D
Life is short, play hard

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 01:51:00 AM »
We sell a lot of the KWIKLOK brand
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Online Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 05:49:00 AM »
Kwiklok is just about the best option out there these days.
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Red Beastmaster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:08:00 AM »
Kwiklok on every bow I own.
There is no great fun, satisfaction, or joy derived from doing something that's easy.  Coach John Wooden

Offline CoSnipe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 03:41:00 PM »
Oak 1/8" dowel and small strip of leather. Small hair band. Releases when drawn,solid in wind. Can be slid up to keep from too much stretch,slid down to tighten. When it gets too loose,get wet and the leather shrinks. Simple and works...for me at least    ;)    

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
Agree that Quick loc is a pretty good arrow holder.  A Sta jac is even better if you can find one.  No longer made, but sometimes turn up on the auction site.  Mounting bracket has holes for drilling and/or bolting on, but can be affixed with double back tape.  Really no need to ever drill to mount an arrow holder.  Good luck in your search.

Offline kennyb

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2017, 07:49:00 PM »
Fellers-there is someone out there that made a Sta-jac spin off and it works great! I bought (2) of them for my bows earlier this fall. It is exactly like a Sta-jac but adhere to the bow with velcro. It is the best arrow holder out there for a trad bow! IMHO
>>>-------------->
Black Widow-PSA III 60"
Tall Tines Recurve 62"
U.S Army Veteran
U.S. Army Military Police K-9 Corps

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2017, 09:07:00 PM »
kennyb-
Not sure the one you got- but I had a Sta-jac "knock-off" where the rubber got very hard in the cold.  Cost me a PY buck. . . imagine sitting in freezing rain all day with 15 minutes left in the day and a PY beast shows up.  15 yds.  I got him. . . Begin my draw only to have the string at anchor while the nock end of the arrow is suspended between anchor and the riser. . .  still attached to the "Sta-jac."  Arghhh

Original Sta-jac or Kwik-lock can't be beat.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Offline South MS Bowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 09:31:00 PM »
Glue or fletch tape a small portion of a feather on the out side edge of your arrow shelf.

Someone posted this earlier this year and it works great!

Acts as a small wall to prevent the wind from blowing your arrow off while on stand.

Do a search and you'll find it.
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »
KSDan.  I'm guessing that you're a 3 under shooter.  Regardless of the holder type used, the first move should always be to pull the holder loose from the arrow. Then you can draw and shoot.

Offline Longbowcrowder66

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2017, 05:35:00 AM »
the most simple and cheapest way is to buy a piece of velcro to what length you need for the diameter of your bow, just wrap around the bow over the arrow and attach..you see the game undo an slip in your pocket....I have been doing this for a few years now...God Bless
Floyd Crowder

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
Another Kwik Lock & Original Sta-Jac vote.  I always do a purposeful arrow pull/holder release while gripping the nock & string when it’s go time....

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2017, 12:47:00 PM »
Orion- Nope.  Not 3 under. I am split. It was just "go-time" with mere seconds to react on a moving deer (very typical for me during the rut). The rubber became hard when frozen.  

I know what you mean by releasing the holder- but I need fail-safe stuff (why I shoot trad). I honestly can only think of one thing at a time when the "go-time" happens.  The Kwik Lock and Sta-Jac are perfect for me as it removes another thing I need to "remember" to check off the list.

Dan in KS
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2017, 02:44:00 PM »
KS.  I know what you mean.  As G.Fred said in one of his books, to paraphrase, things have a way of happening real fast out there. It can happen with split fingers, but more likely with three under when the arrow isn't pinched between the fingers.

I've been using Sta-jacs for many, many years.  They were initially invented and produced by a fella here in Wisconsin, in about the '40s, I think.  I can't remember his name. Have been picking them up wherever I find them so I pretty much have enough to last me.

Offline KSdan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
Yup. True Sta-jac or Kwik lock for me. Currently have both

Dan in KS

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2017, 05:24:00 PM »
Kwik Lok has never failed me.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2017, 09:25:00 PM »
I use a Grayling GOP 130
I like it better than any I have tried. Fail safe and simple.
They also make a GOP 135 which I don't really care for.
I shoot the really skinny old  Beman shafts and this GOP 130 holds the small diameter shafts with no problem. I have used the Kwik Lock also but don't like it as well as the Grayling.
KSDan , it also stays pliable in cold weather

Offline warden415

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2017, 09:33:00 PM »
One other thing, sometimes that holder or any other, just doesn't quite sit at the right angle for your bow or you have some of the base plate of the holder that hangs over the edge of your backside of the shelf. I simple trim the baseplate to fit exact and I will use industrial Velcro to attach it. I stick the "male" side on my bow and the female side on the baseplate of the holder . That way I can readjust to get it at the perfect angle so it holds well but releases exactly when I want.
I can also use that holder on multiple bows if need be by simply adding a new piece of male Velcro to the new bow

Offline Jack Whitmire Jr

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2017, 06:11:00 AM »
Item Number: 7724 from 3 rivers archery looks promising , anyone use one ?
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any  Morals- unknown author

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©