3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Paul Schaffer Book????  (Read 345 times)

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
Paul Schaffer Book????
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:53:00 AM »
Has the book mentioned a couple of years ago ever been published?  I haven't heard anything in a while and wanted to make sure I didn't miss something.  Thanks.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Online Sant-Ravenhill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Paul Schaffer Book????
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
I have heard over the years that (Silvertip Bows) Dave Windauer's father has been writing a book and that it is getting close to being finished. But that has been the news for several years now.

I had always hoped that the Wensel brothers would have written one, but they say for personal reasons they prefer not to.

I keep hoping it will be soon since, and it's hard to believe, Paul has been gone 24 years now.

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 10:28:00 AM »
Back shortly after Paul passed, I believe one of the Wensel's wrote some stories about Paul and I printed it off but lost it over the years.  Sure would like to have the book. Paul was almost super human and a true testament to Traditional Bowhunting.  From stalking a leg shot Pronghorn for 40 miles in 2 days, to sliding down a shale mountain to grab a Bighorn just before it plummeted off a cliff, to shooting a lion that was mauling a PH in Africa, his adventures were captivating.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 03:28:00 PM »
Wensel’s website, Brothers of the Bow has some good article about Paul. I think the Silvertip website does too.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Offline nek4me

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:21:00 PM »
Doug,
There are some Wensel stories about Paul Shafer on the Legends Forum. Could those be the ones you are referring to?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©