3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel video  (Read 2859 times)

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Wensel video
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:59:00 PM »
Wondering if Barry Wensel has a new video out called The Crooked Hat Chronicles. Saw it on a Facebook page but can't find it on their site.

Offline ghall80

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel video
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 07:11:00 AM »
VIDEO!!!!   WHAT ???? I know there is a book

I hope there is a video
Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway--JOHN WAYNE

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
Barry’s new dvd is a 4 hour compilation of his 50 year history. It’s fantastic and brought back so many memories for me. I was able to watch it Monday. My son is home from college from Christmas break. He had a couple friends over who are casual hunters. They sat and watched for TWO full hours; 18 year old boys these days don’t do anything for two full hours!

There is great OLD footage from his start, great footage from all the early Bowhunting October Whitetails stuff and behind the scenes footage from that area, and incredible behind the science footage from his current BOTB era. It is so well done! In today’s world of overproduced and over dramatized outdoor tv, it is so genuine and refreshing.

You can’t get it on the BOTB website, you have to get it directly from Barry: right now people can only order it directly through me at: [email protected]. They are $20. plus $5. S&H. But it'll need to be checks or money orders because I'm not set up for paypal or credit cards yet since this is separate from the other stuff on BOTB.

Offline Biggie Hoffman

• SRBZ
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2017, 07:47:00 AM »
I watched part 1 last night. It was incredible the bucks he and Gene pass up. He tells a little history on each one and what happened to them.

They always tell me of the ones they let walk but once you see them, it's a whole different perspective!

Great stuff
PBS Life Member
Member 1K LLC

"If you are twenty and aren't liberal you don't have a heart...if you're forty and not conservative you don't have a brain".....Winston Churchill

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2017, 08:07:00 AM »
What is the name of it?  Will it be available on Brothers of the Bow site?

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2017, 08:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by Biggie Hoffman:
I watched part 1 last night. It was incredible the bucks he and Gene pass up. He tells a little history on each one and what happened to them.

They always tell me of the ones they let walk but once you see them, it's a whole different perspective!

Great stuff
I’ll never forget Gene texting me a pic of Burly from the stand one Saturday morning to rub in that he was hunting and I was working...and me thinking he was crazy for passing up a 4.5 year old buck like that. Then being amazed at what he looked like FOUR years later when Barry killed him. Lots of GREAT  video of Burly and Hurley, and Woody, and dozens of other buck; a couple even better!  Biggie, you will enjoy the credits; even the credits are worth watching!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 08:14:00 AM »
Originally posted by toddster:
What is the name of it?  Will it be available on Brothers of the Bow site?
Eventually, but that is a TBD thing, it’s not a BOTB project and so you have to go thru Barry directly right now. Would make a GREAT Christmas present!

Again:

right now people can only order it directly through me at: [email protected]. They are $20. plus $5. S&H. But it'll need to be checks or money orders because I'm not set up for paypal or credit cards yet since this is separate from the other stuff on BOTB.

Offline mec lineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 08:32:00 AM »
Just sent an email. Go Tall Tines!
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!"                        
Caribow taiga ex
Tall Tines Stickflinger
Yellowstone Halfbreed

P.B.S  member

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2017, 09:36:00 AM »
email sent

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2017, 09:42:00 AM »
Steve can you list the address for us to order send payment. Thanks

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
I just got off the phone with Barry....he said their new web site would be up soon and they would have paypal available for orders.

Great news.....and from Barry's account to me, my take is that this is a 'must have' for the bowhunters library.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2017, 09:55:00 AM »
I’m sure Barry is good with his email being posted...I’m not putting his home address on the internet. You guys are going to have to email him. I let him know this thread was here so I am sure he will drop in and add any extra info.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2017, 10:14:00 AM »
Barry's address is on the Brother's of the Bow web site as well as his email address....just look under 'Boot Camp' and he has it posted.

CLICK HERE  

Hope that further facilitates orders.      :campfire:

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
WOW !!! Thank you guys. Please bear with me as you all know you're dealing with a redneck/woodsman and not a hi-tech guy. I've still never sent a text in my life. Anyway, the new DVD is finally finished and I have them in hand. This is my venture alone so I didn't want to dump all the paperwork and ordering onto Gene and brothersofthebow.com at his end. Right now we are having some website issues so until those get ironed out you folks will only be able to order the new DVD through myself. Just email me at: [email protected] asking for the new DVD order. All OTHER stuff can still be ordered thru the BOTB website. But be aware if you order a new DVD it'll need to be checks or money orders because I'm not yet set up for paypal or credit card orders here. The new DVD is $20. plus $5. S&H. You'll need a six-pack and a pizza for this one. I edited highlights of over 700 hours of my personal bowhunting footage accumulated from the early 1960s. Relate 700 hours of footage to a normal 40 hour work week and you get an idea. Ha. I got it down to two 2 hour discs and edited them into a format of "chapters" similar to a book. Chapters not only include hunting memories from the last 50 years but chapters on passed up bucks; clean kills and even a very short chapter with misses. Additional chapters include bear hunting; bowfishing; hogs/javies; educational tips; shooting/practice; rare footage, including footage of a wild, free ranging potential WORLD RECORD typical whitetail buck. It's the stuff dreams are made of. I'm sure I'll probably get some heat somewhere down the road. But I tried to keep it as honest as I possibly could to hopefully light a fire in guys/gals to get out in the woods and make some memories. Thanks folks. BW

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2017, 10:49:00 AM »
Thanks Barry......you won't get any 'heat' here I guarantee.

:campfire:

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2017, 12:00:00 PM »
How awesome. Hate you weren’t able to have them when you came to Louisiana but I’ll send you an email and check after the first of the year. That should let you get caught up. Can’t wait to see it !!  Merry Christmas
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline ThePushArchery

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 01:41:00 PM »
Oh man, yes. Gotta put a check in the mail!

Offline Greg Szalewski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 01:56:00 PM »
I am glad to hear you got it done Barry. I think I saw somewhere that you and Gene will be at K-zoo so I will pick up at least one there.
PBS Regular, Ask me about The Professional Bowhunters Society; we stand for ethics.
Past President, Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Life member, Wisconsin Bowhunters
Sherwood Forest Bowmen
Traditional Bowhunters of Florida
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 02:58:00 PM »
This is awesome can't wait to watch it and add it to my wensel collection
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline jonwilson

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Backwoods Grind Coffee Company
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 03:59:00 PM »
Wow! This is great Barry! Definitely gotta order one.

If you need help with the website, let us know! It's what we do.  :)
Coffee for the outdoorsman:
  backwoodsgrind.com

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©