3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel video  (Read 2863 times)

Offline knobby

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel video
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2017, 04:23:00 PM »
I must be on Santa's "nice" list because I didn't get around to ordering a copy, yet one showed up in the mail today. Merry Christmas to me! Do I really have to wait until Christmas to open it?

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2017, 12:55:00 AM »
Naw, just watch it, then put it under the tree

Offline KAZ

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2017, 07:25:00 AM »
Mine arrived yesterday   :archer:

Offline Stixbowdrew

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2017, 08:27:00 AM »
Barry, will you be bringing DVDs to Kalamazoo???
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2017, 09:54:00 AM »
Yes I'll be bringing the new DVDs to Kzoo. You'll save on the postage that way. Merry Christmas to all. bw

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2017, 10:42:00 AM »
Barry,

Every time I have ever finished a major home project or remodeling job and am about to breathe a big sigh of satisfied relief, my wife will say, "You know what ELSE would be really nice to do???"

You have just finished a big project that has long been on your mind and in the works.  It is the only item I put on my Christmas list and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting one...

... But do you know what ELSE would be really nice to do???

Since health has prevented me from attending one of your terrific bowhunting Boot Camps and you keep threatening to wind them down(!), I wondered if you have ever considered trying to put some what you teach there on video? There have been a few mentions of tips your students gleaned here on the forums, and I've always wished I could have been a mouse in the corner to hear the experience and knowledge you share at the Boot Camps.

I thought you might be about ready to breathe a big sigh of satisfied relief with your new DVD shipping and being enthusiastically received, so I thought this would be a good time to bring this up!

You're welcome!!!      :saywhat:        :saywhat:        :saywhat:  

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline Bear_hunter45

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2017, 06:51:00 PM »
Got mine in the mail today !  Now if I can get the grandson to fall asleep and stop his movie I’ll be in business !!

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: December 21, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
Daryl: This is pretty interesting really. I haven't told anyone about this yet. I've had multiple people tell me I should put one of my bootcamp sessions on video. It sounds good but I'm convinced it might not be the same as being there. I mentioned the fact watching a video of it would be similar to watching a war movie versus actually being in a war with bad guys shooting at you. It's a whole different perspective. That being said, I also feel there are "secrets" I've never divulged in my hunting techniques to many, if any. I'm getting up in years and I think it's time. I am having two whitetail bootcamp sessions this spring (2018). I know I've said it before but these will absolutely be my last ones. They are just too physically demanding on me. So, I've already started a new DVD venture that will (unless I'm totally wrong) open a lot of eyes and change the way a ton of whitetail fanatics will hunt for the rest of their lives.
I'll say right now that there is not one big secret, but there are a ton of pieces to the puzzle a lot of guys are missing. And it's the sum total of those pieces when properly placed that will increase your success dramatically.
Now the good news, I've actually started TWO new video/DVD projects. The first I plan to title "Out And About" (Out in the timber and About whitetails), with a sub-title of "Techniques and Strategies for Trophy Whitetails". My newest DVD "The Crooked Hat Chronicles" was compiled footage of over 700 hours of personal film/tape. It was a monumental task to edit that so it made some sort of sense. Yes, I added a few segments on tips and techniques but this next one will be the meat and potatoes rather than throwing out a crumb or two.
I've already got some of it filmed. Now it'll just be a matter of bringing some important stuff together without making it too overwhelming. I'm convinced a viewer has to be educated AND entertained a little in order to keep it interesting. Once finished it'll just be a matter of editing it before production.
Now, more good news. I've already started yet another DVD that will be totally different than  any that have been done before (that I know of).
I shot that nice buck this fall on October 30, 2017 (173 6/8" 7.5 yr. old.. thank you very much God!) So.. just prior to that I had a brainstorm. I went into an area deep within a block of mature timber and set up a situation similar to how I normally hunt, except I didn't hunt it. I "detailed" the set-up; hinge-cut a couple trees; barricaded a little at precise angles; doctored a couple scrapes/ overhead limbs; raked it out to create some visuals and generally nudged their normal movement to one precise spot. Then I put a trail camera on that spot and set it up to record ten-second video clips rather than just photos. I put the camera out on October 24, 2017 then backed out for just shy of a month. What I ended up with was 458 ten-second video clips documenting the major portion of the whitetail rut this fall. Each ten-second segment contains the Date; time; moon phase; temperature, etc.
The end result was mind blowing in my opinion. You could watch wild, free-ranging whitetails going through the progression of their rut totally unmolested and natural. The viewer can watch/feel the pulse of the rut; the calm relaxed demeanor of the herd basking in the glory of a great mast crop and mild October days; then the temps start to drop, some frosts hit; the leaves turn brown and start to clear out. The smell is in the air. The bucks are ready but the does aren't. Cruising bucks; sparing; etc. Then all of a sudden someone flips the switch and the peak of the rut is apparent. Wow... active chasing at full speed, etc. You get to watch normal everyday deer activities that most of the food plot sitters have only heard about. Not only is it educational but it will light the spark on what it's really like when you/we aren't there.
I already had all 458 clips burnt onto DVD discs. Next I need to edit a master and do an audio overlay to explain some findings, then make a master and produce it. I plan on titling this one, "Charting The Whitetail Rut 2017".
Anyway... stay tuned and have patience. I'll get these done as soon as I can. Thanks. bw  p.s. Daryl please send your USPS mailing address to [email protected] and I'll send you a freebie of my Crooked Hat Chronicles just because you got the fire going under me again for the next ones. I like to share. Thanks. bw

Online Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: December 21, 2017, 09:02:00 PM »
Can't wait to see them all! I'll be sending my check in the next few days!
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline Hawkeye

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2017, 02:19:00 AM »
Barry,

I am truly excited to hear that you have those projects underway already.  When the day comes (in 45 years or so) that you know longer feel up to getting out into the woods to hunt, you WILL still be hunting, after a fashion, as the people you've shared your tips and insights with head to the timber with bow in hand.  That is a fine legacy for any outdoorsman, and it means a lot that you are willing to pass hard-won knowledge along.

I agree that a video will never capture the spirit and nuances of walking a property with you to learn, or listening in on the questions to flow out of the experience of a live Boot Camp.  But, I won't be able to make it to visit your class in person (nor will many, many interested folks), and a video is infinitely superior to missing the lessons and information altogether.  I'm in, in a heartbeat!

I hope this ends up being a gratifying project as it develops, and not too much of a burden.  You are really providing a great service to those of us who have read your (and Gene's) materials throughout the years, followed your "exploits", and maybe even shared fond memories of a hunt or two together!

Thanks for a taking on a task that sounds like a lot of work... but a labor of love.  I look forward to what develops out of what you are putting together.  We appreciate you!

Daryl
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."  Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2017, 08:21:00 AM »
Barry, got the "crooked Hat Chronicles" and got to watch an hour last night.  It is in my opinion, awesome.  Great footage and great hunts, thank you for taking the time and putting this together.  It is well worth every penny.  As always look forward to the future DVD's as well.  You and your brother have a lot of information and knowledge and thank you for sharing it and ensuring it is not lost.  Many of us know, that few if anyone will ever spend the time out there understanding free ranging whitetails as you both.  My Grand children will cherish it as well.

Offline RedShaft

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2017, 08:28:00 AM »
I’ll be looking forward to these!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2017, 09:10:00 AM »
Can't wait for the upcoming videos!

Offline northern lights

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2017, 10:51:00 AM »
Got mine yesterday, awesome, watched part of first disc last night, my favorite part was the 101 year old buck, what a noble old warrior, thanks  Barry for sharing your memories and can't wait for the  ones with the tips, been learning from you and Gene since the classic whitetail seminars way back in the 80's.
Now we're digging where the taters are.

Online Rando

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2017, 10:53:00 AM »
Check's in the mail as they say...
Really looking forward to enjoying this video time and again!
Great effort Barry!! I'm sure it was tons of "work" and time to put it together.
Happy Holidays all,
Randy

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2017, 11:41:00 PM »
Got mine today! Can't wait to watch! Thanks Mr. Wensel!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2017, 09:45:00 AM »
Barry, you should charge folks just to read this thread!!!    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:    :biglaugh:

Be on the look-out....there's going to be a thread here the day after Christmas....that's all I'm saying!
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline carbonflyr

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2017, 04:59:00 PM »
just got my copy yesterday  :jumper:  but not gonna watch it till x-mas nite (as a x-mas gift to myself)
merry x-mas to all!!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2017, 05:30:00 PM »
I am definitely watching my mail box a little closer these days.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2017, 05:35:00 PM »
I just put my check in the mail....I should not have drug my feet...   :knothead:  . Oh well, it will be a great way to spend a snow day after the New Year!!    :thumbsup:
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©