3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Wensel video  (Read 2858 times)

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Wensel video
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2018, 08:19:00 PM »
Yeah Tom, I actually have two more in the works. Both are different than anything anyone has seen before. One will be "Charting the Whitetail Rut 2017". In a nutshell, I "set up" (detailed a prime area) in a remote location. Then I put up a trail camera to record 10 second video clips 24/7 between Oct. 24, 2017 and Nov. 9, 2017. Then, I didn't go anywhere near it, so everything I captured was natural movement/activities. I ended up with 458 ten-second video clips that are not only extremely interesting but very educational. I plan on editing them with an audio overlaying explaining what the viewer is watching. I'm proud to say I captured a pile of stuff on tape that a ton of bowhunters have likely never seen before.
  The second one I'm working on will be titled "Out And About" (OUT in the timber and ABOUT whitetails) subtitle: "Techniques and Strategies for successfully taking fully mature trophy whitetails". It will include some of the basic bootcamp stuff I teach, but also some additional tricks of the trade I've not shared yet. By the way, the two bootcamps I have scheduled for this year were both sold out before I even announced them. I just had a couple cancellations if anyone is interested. I'm doing Kzoo in a couple weeks so I'm sure they'll fill. So, if anyone wants a slot now is the time to move on it. I know I've said it before but these will be my last two. Thanks folks. bw

Offline Sean B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2018, 05:41:00 AM »
I was snowed in yesterday so I watched it again!!  Good stuff. I was lucky enough to see a lot of that footage with live play by play commentary from The Man himself while at his boot camp last year.   One thing that I can say is that this man is STILL hunting hard as ever and he loves talking whitetails and sharing his knowledge. Looking forward to more!!
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
BW PCH X
BW PSR X
Robertson Tribal Styk

Offline Lechwe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
Mine arrived today. Watching it now with my son. So cool seeing footage from some of the stand locations we saw during the bootcamp.

Offline meathead

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2018, 11:18:00 PM »
I have watched the new DVD a couple time now. I enjoyed it a lot. Wonderful job Barry.  Do you teach everybody how to swim across a river with a bow in one hand in the boot camps?  Lol.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2018, 11:52:00 PM »
That scene of me swimming across the river with bow in hand, in the background you'll hear a voice saying "All right Barry.. a regular Tarzan". That's Paul Schafer's voice saying that. How ironic is that? Paul Schafer calling ME Tarzan?? HHHHHAAAAA. bw.

Offline vintage-bears

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 06, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »
Can't wait to get my copy!
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Offline Jim Brennen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2018, 08:39:00 AM »
Cant wait to get mine. I just ordered off of the website, I guess its up and running again.
62" toelke whip 55#@28" 56" thunderchild 49#@28 54" shrew classic hunter 50#@28

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2018, 10:13:00 AM »
Uncle Barry, you can go ahead and put me down for the other two dvd's.  See you in Kalamazoo, think they sale bourbon up there?

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2018, 12:11:00 AM »
All I can tell you fellows is if you have not seen it you're missing out!
Great footage...great commentary... it's four solid hours of eyes-glued -to-the-tv viewing!
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline bill langer

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 07, 2018, 10:17:00 AM »
Thanks for sharing Barry!
I’ve really enjoyed it, well done!
Watching the footage from the October whitetail series, which inspired me to start filming my hunts, never gets old.
Keep them coming!!

Online buckeyebowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2018, 09:40:00 AM »
Just finished watching. Thanks Barry,I too very much enjoyed the video. The October whitetail stuff is still the absolute best. That footage means a lot to me I guess because it's what I cut my teeth on as a bowhunter. I remember watching October whitetail with my dad an grandpa back in maybe elementary or middle school and i was hooked. The bows you used in October I an II and High nooon bucks were awesome. I'm guessing they were made by Paul. My favorite being the one in Highnoon with the treebark Camo on the limbs, awesome stuff.

Offline Barry Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 09, 2018, 09:16:00 AM »
I know you guys enjoy hearing the rest of the story. Yes, all those bows I used when filming Bowhunting October Whitetails, etc. were built by Paul himself and gifted to me. A sad note is I lost them all in our fire in '99. Funny story, The one I happened to be shooting when I shot those first two running bucks on Oct. WTs, years later Paul was over at my house and we were doing stuff in my work shed when he took that bow down off the hook and started laughing. I asked what was so funny? He looked at the bow and said "what are you kidding? This is a piece of junk" (well actually he didn't use the word junk. Ha.) Here he was bad-mouthing his own work, explaining how far he'd come since he'd built that "piece of junk". The bow obviously shot well though. Great memories. bw

Online SuperK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 07:32:00 PM »
I just got my copy in the mail and watched part of the first DVD last night.  It brought back some great memories and made me wish that I had kept better records and pictures of my past hunts, harvest and friends.  What a blessing to have so many "memories" and experiences recorded so you can share it!  It isn't a "whack'em and stack'em" deer hunting video but a visual history of an iconic traditional bowhunter and his love for nature and the game he loves to hunt. It is a "must have" for any one that loves to hunt with a bow and arrow.  My copy will be treasured along with my Fred Bear Master DVD Collection.  Thank you Barry Wensel for sharing with us and God bless you and your family!
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Offline BOHO

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 13, 2018, 10:07:00 AM »
This will be a gift from my sweety for valentines. So looking forward to watching it.
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow
Black Widow Recurve
Mike Corby Special
DAS Recurve

Offline Covey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 13, 2018, 01:14:00 PM »
It’s been awesome so far. Lots of good laughs along with some great old footage and Barry interjecting every little bit. Helps to pass the time on these cold and snowy days.

Offline Ghostbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 15, 2018, 02:26:00 PM »
Just finished watching both discs. Fantastic! Worth every penny.
B.J.D.
"Want to trade or sell all those bows you built up trying to figure this thing out... step in to my office  [Smile]
Let me introduce my self...They call me, BigJim" - Big Jim Babcock

Offline jonsimoneau

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 16, 2018, 04:10:00 PM »
I watched both disks on Sunday then went out hunting for the last evening of the season. Now that’s a good day! The video is amazing. I love the old footage the most. Now Barry ya just gotta release the other 600 hours! Good stuff.

Offline Jim Boettcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
Mr. Wensel, I hope you're bringing enough DVD's to the Kalamazoo show!

Offline buckhorn70

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2018, 10:43:00 AM »
So can we get this DVD via paypal now?

Offline cadurfey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2018, 02:39:00 PM »
Hoping to pick one up at Kazoo as well. I'm excited to get a copy!!!
Listen to understand not to reply.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©