3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Do you have a bucket list...???  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Kromer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Do you have a bucket list...???
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2017, 07:03:00 AM »
My list changes quite a bit, but for as long as I can remember the top hunt on that list has never wavered. A brown bear/ grizz with a longbow. At this point I'll either have to sell a kidney and/ or my first born to make it happen, but it's nice to dream...

Offline Jerry Russell

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2017, 07:23:00 AM »
I started my bucket list pretty young and have been fortunate to do many of the trips.  I am thankful for that.  When I check something off I quickly replace it with some new adventure because a man just shouldn't be walking around with an empty bucket.  

Guiding other Bowhunters is a special opportunity to watch others fulfill their dreams many times per season.  At this point in my hunting career, that is what drives me the most and gives the greatest pleasure.

Offline toddster

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2017, 08:47:00 AM »
I got most of mine done, but always wanted to do a DIY Alaskan Moose hunt.  But, with the cost of tags and finding another to go with will likely never happen.  Will admit that more and more thinking of Musk OX and Water Buffalo

Online BAK

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2017, 10:48:00 AM »
Yah have to be able to afford the bucket before you can fill it.  Not anymore.
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Offline D. Key

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2017, 11:01:00 AM »
Since I was a kid, reading my Dad's Outdoor Life and Sports Afield magazines, I wanted to hunt a Black Bear.  For me, this was the ultimate goal on my bucket list.  After unsuccessful hunts in Manitoba and Idaho I succeeded in taking my only Blackie last year in NW Arkansas, of all places.  My bucket is now full and don't have any additional goals. A Whitetail on my own property would also be nice.
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Online Pine

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2017, 11:52:00 AM »
My bucket list has a hole in it.
It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they have been fooled. Mark Twain

If you're afraid to offend, you can't be honest.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2017, 12:34:00 PM »
My bucket list, Is to live life one day at a time.  If a moose or elk ever steps into my Bucket !  I can set back and laugh at it !!

I would never go moose hunting, that's for the guys that really know how to do their stuff.  Elk hunting would be okay, if I get the opportunity I would definitely go.  

The Animal that has interest me the most, is the elusive Whitetail deer.  I've gotten more enjoyment out of hunting deer than any other.  Especially on the ground, at their level. But I guess the elk has a Whitetail too !!!  

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Offline Bvas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2017, 01:17:00 PM »
Been working all season on one.  To kill a deer with a bow I made myself.  Preferably a nice buck.   ;)  
Next would be a DIY elk hunt during rut.  Dreamt many times of chasing a big bugling bull.  Seems to me it would be like combining my normal deer and turkey hunting all into one.  Only bigger!!   :eek:
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Online Mike Bolin

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2017, 01:28:00 PM »
Hunts-Moose is number one on the bucket list. Being retired now I have the time, but the fixed income thing makes it a bit tough. I may figure it out and head to Ontario sometime.
Bows-I keep my eyes open for a lefty Widow PSR. I have two PL longbows and like them as well as any bow I've owned so, I figure the PSR would be an easy transition. May pick up a Timberhawk if the righ one pops up for sale.
Centaur longbow 62", 43#@28"
River Raisin Siren, 60", 41#@28"
Osage Selfbow 62", 47#@28
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Online Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2017, 02:02:00 PM »
I have dreams Jon, just gave up lists.    :thumbsup:
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Alvey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2017, 04:15:00 PM »
My bucket list is to provide my family with Meat that I have taken with my trad bow while I’m  physically able..It’s not happenig I need to move.
Hard work spotlights the character of people:some turn up their sleeves,some turn up their noses,and some don’t turn up at all.(Sam Ewing)

Offline curlis

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2017, 07:15:00 PM »
I would love to go on a Moose hunt one day.
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2017, 11:34:00 AM »
Yep my list is Tule elk, Roosevelt Elk, Yellowstone Elk, Big Horn Sheep, Moose, Deer Slam. And more bows.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline acolobowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
I had a list of:  Elk, Deer, Caribou, Grizzly, Moose, Mt. Lion - have full filled all of them.  

Now the only remaining is an African hunt and I have that booked for Aug 2018.  Feels good to always have something to look forward to.

Online Phillip Fields

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: December 27, 2017, 06:43:00 AM »
I want to take a bear with my longbow, in the great North Woods of Maine. I tried this season but was not successful. I have already signed up for another attempt for the 2018 system. At age 71 I've pretty much filled my bucket list.
Keep em Sharp!

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2017, 07:33:00 AM »
Maine moose, although my decrepitude demands that I do it with a muzzleloader, can't pull a heavy enough bow for it.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: December 27, 2017, 07:45:00 AM »
Great Story John,

Yes I agree, good to see you post casey.

As said earlier "my bucket has a hole in it".  I love hunting and take opportunities as they come.  nothing specific for me and my desires constantly change.

Good Luck Susan.  I hope you have already started applying for tags. lol
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2017, 08:58:00 AM »
My bucket list is very simple... Would like to take a deer, from the ground, stalking... Been at this "eye level" game for quite some time and had many close encounters, but no filled tags...

Some people say that I don't want to "kill" a deer... If I did I'd use a tree stand or store bought blind... I say (they) are right! I Want To "Hunt" A Deer! Simple.....    :dunno:  

Thanks for asking Ron...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online achigan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2017, 09:23:00 AM »
Hereditary foot problems take chasing elk off my list, finances take moose various and brown bears off. No desire for blackies.  I've taken a mature white tail from the ground a 8 yards. Staying healthy, and doing what I can each day is my goal. Passing away with my (hunting) boots on would be great.
...because bow hunting always involves the same essentials. One hunter. One arrow. One animal. -Don Thomas

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2017, 02:45:00 PM »
Once upon a time, I had visions of hunting Grizzly/Brown Bear with a bow, but too old now. Same for sheep and goats, though never had as much of a desire to hunt them.  

I hunt elk a lot, and get to hunt Black Bear in my own state about every six years (takes that long to draw a permit), and I've hunted Alaska twice, taking a nice bull moose the second time.

Still would like to make it back to Alaska for a Caribou hunt.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©