3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Masters of the Bare Bow 5  (Read 1189 times)

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Masters of the Bare Bow 5
« on: December 26, 2017, 11:19:00 PM »
I received Masters of the Bare Bow 5 today and played it for the first time.  As always, there are a lot of good tips to increase our accuracy, and I will have to play it more than once to absorb everything there is to learn.

One thing I didn’t like was that the constant background music made it difficult for me to concentrate on what the presenters were saying.  I guess I could look on it as training in avoiding distractions, like tuning out the crowd in competitions or ignoring the antlers on a buck, but I found it to be a little overwhelming.

Aside from that, there is new information there that wasn’t presented in the first 4 DVD’s, and I think you’ll find it to be worthwhile.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Masters of the Bare Bow 5
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:00 AM »
Interesting you make mention about background music... Most of the new hunting TV shows do the same thing... Must be a draw for the young people...

... mike ...  :dunno:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 09:13:00 AM »
They do that on Trad Utube videos also, music over powers everything they are saying. If I wanted to listen to music they have other stations for that.

Offline X2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 10:30:00 AM »
Different format than the others. Contained some good info. I will have to watch it again to digest everything.
Support your local clubs.

Lifetime member of Idaho Traditional Bowhuters.

Lifetime member of Idaho State bowhuters

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 11:46:00 AM »
I received my copy yesterday and this new format is causing me problems because I don't have a program that will open it. Has anyone else had this problem?

Grouse

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 03:07:00 PM »
Someone else wrote in about the same problem when volume 4 came out.  I think they were unable to open it on their computer.  I ran mine on the same DVD player we use to play movies.  As I recall, the person who wrote in eventually found a DVD player to run it on.  Have you been able to run other DVD’s on your computer?  Hopefully someone who has more computer savvy than me will see this and help you out.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
McDave,
Yes, I tried volume 4 and it opened and played fine. Thank you for the heads up concerning playing it on the t.v.. I'm going to try that as soon as I get off the computer.

Grouse

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2017, 03:50:00 AM »
I haven't seen it or the other four, but I know what you mean about the background music on videos! My thought is, it's because we're old and can't hear good anymore, background noise is the deaf of me, lol get it "deaf of me" ;-) it's just horrible!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2017, 10:05:00 AM »
You're probably right, David.  It occurred to me after posting that I may just be showing my age.  However, that said, I still think that if someone wants music with their archery videos, it would be a lot easier for them to turn some on while they're watching them than it would be for me to figure out how to turn off the music that's built in.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
Originally posted by McDave:
You're probably right, David.  It occurred to me after posting that I may just be showing my age.  However, that said, I still think that if someone wants music with their archery videos, it would be a lot easier for them to turn some on while they're watching them than it would be for me to figure out how to turn off the music that's built in.
X at least 2! I've noticed people with normal hearing often like "background noise" with whatever they are doing. For those of us with hearing problems, understanding anything when more than one person is talking at the same time is exhausting and I miss much of what is said. Music is the absolutely worst background because it covers the whole spectrum of frequencies and makes it impossible for me to hear a conversation.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline wingnut

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2017, 03:15:00 PM »
Yep I really don't like "over-produced" hunting programs.  I want to hear what the mountains and woods are telling me not some elevator music.

Mike
Mike Westvang

Offline Brock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2017, 04:48:00 PM »
i honestly did not notice any music...haha.  Got Barry's DVD compilation today as well.  Something to watch when I am thawing out from early morning duck hunt tomorrow-- after I get home
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Offline Jbseitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 12:18:00 PM »
I do not own any of the first four volumes. Would you (tradganger’s) recommend all or just volume 5?
Never go back the way you came

Online McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 12:32:00 PM »
Vol 1 = intro to many different shooting styles
Vol 2 = more different shooting styles + arrow tuning
Vol 3 = intensive instruction in archery form
Vol 4 = mental aspects of archery
Vol 5 = different perspectives on archery form building on Vol 3

I would not recommend starting with Vol 5, although it is a useful expansion of topics introduced earlier.  There are package deals offered on Vols 1-4, that you should look into.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline MikeNova

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2017, 04:27:00 PM »
Ordered mine yesterday.

Offline Jbseitz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2017, 05:34:00 PM »
Thanks McDave
Never go back the way you came

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2017, 07:09:00 PM »
I have to say I liked it and wasn't distracted at all. Really appreciated the Jason Wesbrock segments, great direction easy to understand and follow.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline PECO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 07:34:00 PM »
Vol 3 was my favorite, so if it builds on 3, I'll get it ordered soon.

Offline katman

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2018, 04:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by wingnut:
Yep I really don't like "over-produced" hunting programs.  I want to hear what the mountains and woods are telling me not some elevator music.

Mike
Could not agree more, thanks for the heads up on the video Mcdave, decided that video is not for me as I am NOT a music buff.
shoot straight shoot often

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2018, 05:55:00 PM »
I bought the DVD, didn't have much problem with the music. Great DVD, makes me want to buy the other four. One observation I came away with was, Rod Jenkins has the funniest outtakes, other video I watched with him in it making bow strings, the outtakes were hilarious too! Really wanted to go out shooting after I watched it, but stupid work thing in the way again!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©