3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Another ILF ?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
Another ILF ?
« on: December 27, 2017, 03:12:00 PM »
Who shoots a ILF and how do you like them? I am on the edge and can't make the commitment. Please help me decide.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Kromer

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Another ILF ?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 03:42:00 PM »
I have and shoot both of the Tribe ILF risers. I received the Halo in a trade and loved it, then got an opportunity to pick up an X3 and like that one even more! I paired both up with Trad Tech longbow limbs and they both performed great with those limbs, I just like the grip on the X3 slightly better. I would like to try a higher grade limb at some point.

Offline nineworlds9

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Northman
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2017, 05:17:00 PM »
Can't beat the ability to super tune if you like fiddling with your setup and trying new things.  If you're a fiddler on regular bows or enjoy trying new bows ILF can (will? LOL) send that into overdrive.  It does allow you to really tailor your bow...you might love the grip/riser from one maker and then find a set of limbs of a certain make and style that just "Do it" for you.  If you're a set it and forget it kind of hunter/shooter, i.e. shoot one kind of bow type/ poundage/hunting arrow/head all the time it might be counterproductive if you're already shooting a particular bow lights out.  Anyway, have fun.  If you get into it don't say I didn't warn you with a big grin.
52" Texas Recurve
58" Two Tracks Ogemaw
60" Toelke Chinook
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
64" Big Jim Mountain Monarch
64" Poison Dart LB
66" Wes Wallace Royal

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2017, 08:28:00 PM »
I have 3 Zipper risers, 3 Morrison's risers, 2 warfs, a Das, and a Black Mamba riser. All lengths from 13" to 22" and a whole bunch of limbs. I enjoy mixing limbs and risers to see how thing work together and they are just fun to tune and shoot. Killed the bear in my Avatar with a ILF set up. I like them.......
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline maxwell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2017, 09:01:00 PM »
Can't beat the versatility, lots of limb choices from all over the world.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 09:36:00 PM »
So if you had a pair of limbs 40@28 on a 17" riser what would they be on a 21" riser?
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 09:46:00 PM »
About 36#, but it can depend on the limb pocket angle. You can figure about a pound an inch. Longer riser less #, shorter riser more #.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline stujay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2017, 01:01:00 AM »
Once I got started with ILF bows that's all I use. I prefer LB limbs with my risers.

Offline old_goat2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2017, 01:21:00 AM »
Originally posted by nineworlds9:
Can't beat the ability to super tune if you like fiddling with your setup and trying new things.  If you're a fiddler on regular bows or enjoy trying new bows ILF can (will? LOL) send that into overdrive.  It does allow you to really tailor your bow...you might love the grip/riser from one maker and then find a set of limbs of a certain make and style that just "Do it" for you.  If you're a set it and forget it kind of hunter/shooter, i.e. shoot one kind of bow type/ poundage/hunting arrow/head all the time it might be counterproductive if you're already shooting a particular bow lights out.  Anyway, have fun.  If you get into it don't say I didn't warn you with a big grin.
This says it well! Only thing I'll add is If you have an exceptionally long draw and can't trim arrows, they can make things a lot easier for you!
David Achatz
CPO USN Ret.
Various bows, but if you see me shooting, it's probably a Toelke in my hand!

Offline Redux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:00 PM »
I finally bought my first ILF riser about 3 months ago, I'm extremely happy....It allows me to have the same feel/hand placement for everything...hunting rig, indoor rig, 3d rig...all I have to do is change my limbs cause I like to shoot different poundage for each... the ability to micro tune everything has also been interesting and tons of fun...I've never had the confidence in my single string biw like this!

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 10:50:00 AM »
Have been setting up and shooting them for many years and have been quite pleased.

An ILF provides the opportunity to learn much with regard to a bows particular design.

Like them for indoors, 3D and in the field hunting.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Online Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 02:13:00 PM »
Have been setting up and shooting them for many years and have been quite pleased.

An ILF provides the opportunity to learn much with regard to a bows particular design.

Personal experience has demonstrated they are an excellent choice for indoors, 3D and hunting.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 06:54:00 PM »
What arrow set up for a 40# ilf 28" draw?
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline reddogge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2017, 07:25:00 PM »
Let's see, I have four ILF risers and 5 pairs of limbs. Hey, I'm short a riser. Better get busy.

ranger3, try .600 carbons full length to start.
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA
Mayberry Archers

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 04:06:00 AM »
I've been shooting ILF bows for a few years now and really like them.  I like the ability to back off the weight some when I'm not feeling as strong as I usually am.  Of course you can crank them down and shoot at max poundage too.

A 40# bow at 28 inches is about what I shoot and I find that 500 spined carbons shoot great and in aluminum I shoot 2016.

I say take the plunge.  You'll enjoy it.  If you're a tuner nut like some people are, you will be on Cloud 9 with an ILF rig.  All kinds of adjustments possible.

Good luck and tell us what way you decided and what bow you got.

Larry

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 12:20:00 PM »
OK this is what I bought 40# ILF Hoyt Excel Riser and SF Premium + Carbon Limbs. Tell me what you guys think of this bow, and be honest.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 12:31:00 PM »
I can't quite see it LOL. I have been looking at the ILF bows myself the only problem is they all look so good. You have to shoot it and let us know how great it is. Sorry couldn't help.

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 02:12:00 PM »
I haven't put my hands on it yet.
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline styksnstryngs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 04:42:00 PM »
I personally don't really like the Excel for a lot of reasons. It's a decent riser, but not worth the money in my opinion. You're paying a lot of money for a brand name, because there are a lot better risers out there for cheaper, especially 23" risers.

Offline Xtreme007

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 09:17:00 PM »
I just bought my first ilf bow. Got a Hoyt satori 19” riser and TTrad tech Black max 2.0 limbs.

So far I’m impressed and really like it. I bought a light set of limbs for now so I can work of my form and follow through this year. It’s a joy to shoot and such a smooth draw

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©