3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Thank you Joel Turner  (Read 346 times)

Offline tradgreenhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Thank you Joel Turner
« on: December 30, 2017, 03:32:00 PM »
Just want to give a Big Thank You to Joel Turner. I have struggled with the short draw bug for a long time. I have talked to Joel on the phone and attend his seminars at Kalamazoo as well .Also studied His you tube videos for a long time . Finally got a handle on my shooting. I can come to full draw know with out a problem. It took me a long time to get the right montra to work for me. Tried a clicker a few years ago but it did not work then. Retried the clicker by putting Velcro on the clicker part to just feel a slight thud. Know all I do is come to full draw pull my shoulder blades together until I feel the thud and in my mind say pull, and the arrow is gone. I can stop at any time I want to . Before I draw I just say to myself I am only going to shoot this arrow if it is perfect or I am going to start over. I am lucky enough to have a heated pole barn to practice . I can shoot about seven yards. I also have a small 3D course set up that I can shoot as far as I want. I am know putting klickers on all my bows. I can only use a klicker if it muffled. This new to me way of useing what Joel teaches has really worked for me . I have been using this for about three months and it is really clicking for me. Shooting has been so much fun . Thank you Joel so much for all you teach and takeing your time to help me over the phone as well. Also I want to thank All of Tradgang for the input by so many of all of you that I could not even begin to thank all of you. So may God Bless each and every one of you . Happy New Year to All  . Thanks again Joel. God Bless , Don

Online stevem

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank you Joel Turner
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:36:00 PM »
I have his CD and have used his "process" for a couple of years- sure helped me, too.  I added a short,long feather alongside the cock feather so it will touch my nose at full draw.  Draw, aim, back tension, feather touches nose, time to shoot!
"What was big was not the fish, but the chance.  What was full was not the creel, but the memory" - Aldo Leopold   "Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement"- Will Rogers

Offline mcgroundstalker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Thank you Joel Turner
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 04:56:00 PM »
Joel Turner is right on target!

... mike ...  :archer2:  ...
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©