3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunting Boots  (Read 741 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunting Boots
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 02:03:00 PM »
I'm also type 2 diabetic. Those who are not have difficulty understanding cold feet. I sleep with no T-shirt at night and still sweat with the thermostat turned down to 62, but my feet are cold when I get in bed and cold when I wake up in the morning.

The only thing I have found that works for me on stand is more insulation. I have a set of over-boots or boot blankets, whatever they're called. A toe warmer on my sock toes help. Obviously, I can't walk in wearing them.

The other thing is a German Ansitzsack. It's like a sleeping bag out of heavy wool loden that comes up my back to the top of my shoulders and suspenders that fasten to the bib front. It traps much of my heat and holds it down around my lower body. It has a zipper down one side and across the bottom so I can pull it up, climb a ladder stand, then roll it back down and zip it across the bottom.

I don't think there is an easy solution for us "cold foot" sufferers.
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2018, 04:04:00 PM »
arctic shield boot covers with a 10 or 18 hr . hothands warmer in each one keeps my feet toasty.  cold feet will run you out of the stand! i also rub my feet down with a antipersperant sentkiller to keep from sweating.

Offline Ray Hammond

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2018, 06:59:00 AM »
I really like my Schnee pac boots with liners.  very toasty...and work well for slipping or on stand.
“Courageous, untroubled, mocking and violent-that is what Wisdom wants us to be. Wisdom is a woman, and loves only a warrior.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2018, 07:11:00 AM »
Sorels have kept feet warm for years-- the trick is to keep the wool liners dry (take them out at night to dry, and have a backup pair.) They are wide and will also allow you to put a chemical warmer in them. I am sure there are more modern options, but these are a known quantity, affordable and work. PS don't expect to hike in a boot made for truly cold weather. They will have a sloppy fit and be heavy. Bunny boots work but are REALLY heavy IMHO.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©