3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many ordered a Bear Limited TD?  (Read 8519 times)

Online M60gunner

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many ordered a Bear Limited TD?
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2018, 11:27:00 AM »
If I could have justified it I may have ordere one. But am not a TD fan as much as a SK person. Bad glass, bad fit, equals no pride in workers work.

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2018, 09:12:00 AM »
I called Bear the other day to see if they received my bow yet, and they did, i asked what he thought of the glass and if they had strung it up yet to see how out of line the top limb was. He said he didnt know, but he should hear something in a few days, its not like i am hands on he said as customer service, where he is , is in Indiana, and my bow is in Gainesville! Really! Havent heard anything yet!
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2018, 03:13:00 PM »
mooshkat, the person you really need to get in touch with is Neil Byce.  The guys at Evansville seem to know little about bows in my experience.  PM me if you want Neil's contact info.  I had to go that route.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »
Just ask for your money back. If enough people do just maybe they will get you heir act together. When they loose enough money maybe they might do something.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2018, 08:49:00 PM »
As a new fan of Bear Take downs I'm really disappointed to see these problems with a special edition bow. Seems like quality control took the day off, and that's to bad.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2018, 03:41:00 AM »
I'm kind of glad that mine is slow in coming. Hopefully, Bear will have the issues worked out.

Offline GregD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2018, 11:18:00 AM »
Has anyone spoken to Big Jim or Three Rivers to see if they know of any plans to resolve the issues? They may have better access to a Bear rep at the factory

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2018, 07:52:00 AM »
Latest factory update.

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2018, 11:00:00 AM »
That's good to see but the others should not have shipped, most likely complaints started this.

Good looking bow though

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2018, 11:05:34 AM »
My LH #54 arrived to Big Jim on Yesterday and after a Jim’s quality control is been shipped to my ad in WY. I hope it is a quality bow.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline bowdesigner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2018, 09:00:37 PM »
 I was overseas and missed out on the initial orders, but as a long time Bear archery fan who had missed out on the early 80s signature bows, and someone who had many many conversations with Frank Scott… When I heard about these bows I called Neil Bice  and he told me about the glass problems from Gordon Plastics.  By this time everything had been resolved and so I started looking for some  traditional archery suppliers where I could get in on the first run of these bows so that I can collect all 4. All the companies that I contacted were very helpful, and I now have in hand one in hand, one on the way that someone cancelled and also found the opportunity to order 3 consecutive serial numbers. The bow I have in hand has no glass issues at all and everything is flawless...as it should be with a limited addition bow that cost $1600.
Jim

Offline bowdesigner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2018, 09:12:56 PM »
Regarding the quality of these bows, there’s a commercial point that I’d like to make regarding quality control. Upon arrival at Big Jim’s, bows are inspected and I’m certain that the customer would never receive a bow that had glass problems or any kind of quality defects. I think upon inspecting the bow, either Big Jim or his wife would catch any quality issues and simply send them back to Bear and the customer would not even have to deal with such an issue. That’s a huge advantage to customers that reputable, conscientious and experienced bow builder/dealers provide. There are actually several advantages that good dealers provide such as that extra step and quality control that I just mentioned.
Jim

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: July 14, 2018, 05:48:46 AM »
Regarding the quality of these bows, there’s a commercial point that I’d like to make regarding quality control. Upon arrival at Big Jim’s, bows are inspected and I’m certain that the customer would never receive a bow that had glass problems or any kind of quality defects. I think upon inspecting the bow, either Big Jim or his wife would catch any quality issues and simply send them back to Bear and the customer would not even have to deal with such an issue. That’s a huge advantage to customers that reputable, conscientious and experienced bow builder/dealers provide. There are actually several advantages that good dealers provide such as that extra step and quality control that I just mentioned.
Yes Big Jim did it on mine. 👍
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: July 14, 2018, 09:58:08 PM »
I inspect all the bows that go through our doors.. new, used and my builds of course.  I have sent back more than a few bows to different companies, but I must say that there are no perfect bows!  I have never built a perfect one yet I keep trying.

I will also say that I have just gone through an entire roll of BearPaw glass (300+ feet) in my bows,  and  while it is very nice and mostly clear, it is not perfect either.

Rest assured that If I miss something, or you are not happy for any reason, I will make it right. 

BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline Yellow Dog

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: July 14, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »
That's a fact, Big Jim sets the standard when it comes to superb customer service!
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline mooshkat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2018, 06:33:04 PM »
I finally got my bow back, glass looked good, still not a $1600 bow, traded it off.
59 kodiak purpleheart
Bear takedowns A and B
59 Kodiak maple
Dwyer Original, Stewart Slammer, Bear Cub, TT Black Magic, RC Extremes, selfbows

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2018, 07:52:50 PM »
Saw that mooseskat.  The fella you traded it to put it on the big auction site a week or so later and made a couple hundred bucks on it.  I'm still on the fence.

Edited this post after seeing Yooper's post below. Obviously not Mooseskat's/Yooper's bow.  Different serial number. 
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 12:26:16 PM by Orion »

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2018, 12:13:01 AM »
No Orion, I would not give up that bow. I’m the guy Kay traded it to. I’m planning on hunting with it this fall if I can keep my son away from it.
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2018, 12:13:53 AM »
Still safe and sound with me.

Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter