3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: How many ordered a Bear Limited TD?  (Read 8522 times)

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: How many ordered a Bear Limited TD?
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2018, 12:17:34 AM »
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: July 18, 2018, 01:35:11 AM »
Beautiful bow!
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: July 18, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »
When Denton Hill rolls around, I will have waited one year.  :dunno:

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: July 18, 2018, 07:46:37 AM »
Unfortunately that is the way it is Blackstick. Bear has been behind on all of there upper end bows for years.
They have far fewer employees in the Traditional side than they need and finding good help is a real struggle. Coupled with finish and glass issues, it's a wonder they have shipped as many as they have.
BigJim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2018, 09:32:46 AM »
Unfortunately that is the way it is Blackstick. Bear has been behind on all of there upper end bows for years.
They have far fewer employees in the Traditional side than they need and finding good help is a real struggle. Coupled with finish and glass issues, it's a wonder they have shipped as many as they have.
BigJim

And the "far fewer employees" they have seem to not be doing a great job on quality control.  I won't go into my issues regarding bows that should never have made it out the door, but in spite of that, I really like Bear bows but will only buy another now if I can get my hands on it first. 
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2018, 12:22:41 PM »
Oops, Yooper.  I should have read, or at least remembered, the serial numbers.  The one that went for more than the new price on the auction site was #179. Obviously, the person who bought it likes it, too.

Offline ADP2413

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2018, 05:55:13 PM »
If I could have justified it I may have ordere one. But am not a TD fan as much as a SK person. Bad glass, bad fit, equals no pride in workers work.

I gave up on the bear takedowns , two bad “A” handles and seven sets of limbs that did not fit correctly or did not fit at all ! Its a shame cause I have seen others with older perfect bear takedowns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Online Yooper-traveler

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: July 19, 2018, 09:33:42 AM »
Oops, Yooper.  I should have read, or at least remembered, the serial numbers.  The one that went for more than the new price on the auction site was #179. Obviously, the person who bought it likes it, too.

No worries brother! 
Klaatu, Verata, Nicto

Offline Blackstick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 10:51:54 AM »

I gave up on the bear takedowns , two bad “A” handles and seven sets of limbs that did not fit correctly or did not fit at all ! Its a shame cause I have seen others with older perfect bear takedowns.

Finally got my LE. I ordered another set of limbs to shoot on the riser because I didn't want to take a chance on the limbs that came with it. To look at them they are flawless. However I did try to assemble the bow just to make sure everything fit. Guess what! The limbs don't fit the riser they were made for or any of the other 7 wooden risers I tried them on. They did fit on an "A" Mag riser. After all the problems Bear had with these limbs, they are still letting them out the door.

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2018, 11:45:24 AM »
Sorry to hear that, such a beautiful bow and project and they ruin thei name for just little details. I must be lucky or you unlucky

1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline Kevin Dill

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2018, 05:30:10 PM »
These are truly beautiful bows. Sort of unfortunate for them to have the issues I've read about. I've seen the cloudy/streaky glass and can't imagine receiving one like that. My good friend and hunting partner bought (thru auction) the exclusive TD Limited built as a commemorative bow for Compton. I don't recall the exact defect, but he picked up a noticeable flaw (crack I believe) in the riser and subsequently Bear had to build an entirely new commemorative riser for him. I had one of these TD Limiteds in my sights and was really close to buying, but ultimately decided not to risk the potential headaches.

You guys who got the good ones...you have my admiration and I'm happy for you!

Online bswear

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: December 20, 2018, 01:51:01 PM »
Count me as a satisfied customer!  Lots of opinions on the LE and value vs cost but for me the purchase was beyond expectations and I will pony up for the A handle when available.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©