3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Reunited- and it Feels...  (Read 414 times)

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Reunited- and it Feels...
« on: January 07, 2018, 08:21:00 AM »
In 2007 I had a Black Widow PL II built, 62" and #55@28.  That was the Summer before my senior year of high school and it was the Golden Aniversary for Black Wdiow Bows. I worked a full time job with a concrete company and part time for an RV park trimming trees, mowing and watering.  Occationally I would offer my assistance in helping people moveo the weekends- it turns out people are very grateful and pay pretty well for that service.  Back to the bow...

Will all of my hard work I had made enough money to buy gas and insurance for my Explorer through the Winter, buy school clothes/supplies and most noteably upgrade from my kit-built, glass backed oak longbow to a more efficiant design.  I orderd my PL II and was thrilled upon reciept.  This bow flung many, many arrows from 2007 until 2015.  

My Dad had always liked that bow, but he shot lower powdage due to an old shoulder injury.  I figured a good father's day gift would be that bow, so the good people at black widow made a 48# out of my 55#er. The weight reduction worked great.  On Fathers Day 2015, I was excited and proud to give this bow to my Dad, who I owe my passion in archery to, and he was more than happy to recieve the gift.  This reborn bow flung many more arrows in the hands of another archer.  

Fast-forward to Christmas time 2017.  Under the tree was a long box wrapped in paper; I was gifted the Black Widow PL II back.  My Dad's shoulder will not tolerate it.  Even much lighter bows cause pain and it seems that his archery is numbered.  I am as happy to get this bow back as I am dissapointed in why it was gifted back to me.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Online Tom

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Reunited- and it Feels...
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 08:32:00 AM »
What a great gift that has traveled within your family-only right it stays with you.
The essence of the hunt for me is to enter nature and observe+ return safely occasionally with the gift of a life taken.

Offline ARCHER2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :campfire:
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Offline Lowrider

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 10:53:00 AM »
Thank you for sharing. That is a beautiful story.

Online trad_bowhunter1965

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 12:14:00 PM »
I know how you feel I gave my Dad my Bob Lee Recurve with two sets of limbs 45# and 50# he is 80 years old. He hunted turkeys with me last year said the he could shoot the bow anymore and gave it back to me. The good news is he can shoot a 40# compound bow and he now got a 30# recurve bow he shoots now we are hunting turkeys again this year.
" I am driven by those thing that rouse my traditional sense of archery and Bowhunting" G Fred Asbell

Trad Gang Hall of Fame
Yellowstone Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Associate Member
Retired 38 years DoD civilian.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:39:00 PM »
:thumbsup:
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:58:00 AM »
Cool stuff, sorry about your dad's shoulder but that bow has covered a lot of ground.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©