3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: YOUR dream job?  (Read 910 times)

Offline Bivyhunter

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
YOUR dream job?
« on: January 08, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
I’m looking to expand in 2018 to keep up with growth and shorten lead times. I’m looking for a specific skill set to help relieve me of some of the office work, increase the delivery of content on the website and social media and free up more of my time to stay focused on bow building.
Work experience/skills:
Experienced in Rhino CAD/CAM 3D software, savvy with social media
Job description:
Program and operate CNC machine, program and operate laser engraver, help manage social media content and customer communications, packaging and shipping bows and other merchandise, possibly small amount of bookkeeping, secondarily; hands on working on bow building.
Personal qualities:
Strong work ethic, fast learner, team player, passionate about their work, self-motivated, able to multi-task, organized, creative, punctual, patient, eager to learn, likes to be challenged
Willing to relocate to Colorado
Bonus:
Has experience with or is interested/willing to learn the following:
Graphic design experience; t-shirt design etc, brand building, shooting video/video editing, Quick Books, website updating, business experience/background/education/business management, photography/photo editing experience, woodworking experience, background in traditional archery
Pay negotiable DOE, profit sharing, 5 paid holidays and 2 week vacation with our current work hours/schedule.  Email resume/work experience to [email protected]

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: YOUR dream job?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
Sounds like a great job for somebody!
Sam

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2018, 09:02:00 PM »
Sounds like a Great Job South. Good luck finding a good fit.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2018, 04:08:00 PM »
That’s a lot of multitasking.   I would seriously look for a woman.

Offline Bigjackfish

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 04:20:00 PM »
Your not asking to much ,good luck

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 04:32:00 PM »
Originally posted by Holm-Made:
That’s a lot of multitasking.   I would seriously look for a woman.
I think I would look for 2 women that could work together.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 04:36:00 PM »
I will bite my tongue, Ron....and leave that one alone.

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 06:13:00 PM »
Good call Chad,
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 07:24:00 PM »
What I mean is your looking at least 2, maybe 3 people, male or female. Let alone have even half of those skills. Good luck in your search.
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 07:36:00 PM »
Once upon a time I loved working with CAD programs, then college convinced me the computer world was a better field. I'm a little regretful of that right now!    :scared:

Bump for that perfect someone out there!
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline finkm1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 07:51:00 PM »
When do I start.
"When in Rome, DO Rome"

"Expect more than others think is possible"

Online Gdpolk

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
    • Polk Knives
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2018, 08:31:00 PM »
Good luck on your search.  Sounds like it could be a rewarding position for the right guy/gal.
1pc and 2pc Sarrels Sierra Mountain Longbows - both 53.5lbs @ 29"

https://www.gpolkknives.com/

Online JakeD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Wow, sounds like a great job.  If I were younger and single.....
Black Widow PCH V 56" 52@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2018, 09:21:00 AM »
Yeah, my skills have all gone obsolete, so I couldn't go that way now, but once upon a time, I once had a bunch of those skills. The more I look at this thread, the more I wish I was a tad younger... Good luck to he/she who gets the job.

I would not suggest that you specifically search for a woman, but I sure would not rule one out, either. Over the years, I have worked with many, many women, and more of them were effective multi-taskers than were the men. If you do hire a female, try to get one with some personal affiliation with trad archery. Connection with the public goes well beyond the technical aspect of the work. I will be interested in how this search goes.
Sam

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2018, 12:38:00 PM »
I understand from the TBM profile on Jim Belcher that he only has women working in all aspects of his operation.  He's the only male in the building.  Maybe he knows a thing or two, huh?
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline SAM E. STEPHENS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 10:25:00 AM »
I’m good at talking and killing stuff with a bow , do I get the job????

,,,Sam,,,
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Offline NIGEL01

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2018, 01:31:00 AM »
Well, between my wife, 16-year-old son and I we could probably do the job.  Don’t think my wife wants to move to Colorado though.....

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:00 AM »
South,

I have to commend you on offering a really good job for the right person and it's nice of you to offer that job to someone in the traditional world.

It's great to see that folks like you are offering a dream job and your willingness to teach them certain parts of what it takes to be a bowyer.
  This shows our economy is starting to turn around for the better once more and I used to work for a "Big name power tool company" that went to Mexico and over 1500 or more folks lost their jobs in our part of the world due to that but one thing good about that company was many folks learned to use CNC machines,Molding machines,packaging and computer skills etc.
  I was a mold set up mechanic and learned one important thing and that was if machinery was down folks were able to move around to help in area's that weren't their daily part of the job and became a Team player so to speak.
    You are offering a great position for someone and I seen your shop in a video and your passion for making the Stalker line of bows and you seem to have a system like I remember when I worked at the plant I'm referring to.
  You enjoy the shop time creating and in need of someone to tend to the office and answering the phone etc.
  That is a good indication you are growing and good to see that.
  I'm hoping you do find someone that is able to do some of the tasks you need and I appreciate you putting this out there .
   I'm not going to give you a hard time about you asking too much in a person but instead I am going to Commend you on being brave offering up a great job for someone.
  God Bless you South and I'll pray that person is found!
        Keefer's <')))><

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 06:21:00 AM »
Way to Go South!!
I don't know why everybody is uptight about job description for, Those jobs are what we do in our shops everyday right?
Be sweet to have a hand with it all. 1 guy can only do so much.
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Offline 2treks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 06:22:00 AM »
Nice reply Keefer!
C.A.Deshler
United States Navy.
1986-1990

"Our greatest fear should not be of failure but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter.”
~ Francis Chan

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©