3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tradgang Texas Group Hunts?  (Read 729 times)

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
Tradgang Texas Group Hunts?
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:56:00 PM »
I remember reading about tradgangers going on these big group hunts down in Texas when I first joined. At the time I lived in Montana and figured I'd never have a chance to hunt with y'all. But now I'm living in Texas and wondering if these hunts are still a thing? Is it all sold out/booked up/with a long waiting list? Not happening any more? I'd dearly love a chance to hunt with Terry, Mr. Lamb, and Co. some day.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tradgang Texas Group Hunts?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:37:00 PM »
I hunted with several tradgang guys when Curtis was operating 7th Age Bowhunting.

A group of us went to the Tejon Ranch in California about 2010
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline BDann

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 07:35:00 AM »
I was in on the last group hunt at Solana back in 2013 I think.  It was a blast and I’d do it again in a heartbeat:

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2018, 12:05:00 PM »
Unfortunately there are none that I know of at this time. I attended two of the Solana Ranch hunts and enjoyed meeting and sharing the hunting experience with other TradGang members. Would not hesitate to do it again.   :campfire:

Offline beachbowhunter

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2018, 04:21:00 PM »
I did a TG Texas Sweat with Curtis Keller back in the day and it was an absolute blast.
Ishi was a Californian                   :cool:

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 06:27:00 PM »
Trump, perhaps it's time to organize something?  I too joined when they had the sweat, Solana and pig gigs but wasn't in a position to go. I would love to hunt there one day.
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 08:57:00 PM »
Originally posted by Cyclic-Rivers:
Trump, perhaps it's time to organize something?  I too joined when they had the sweat, Solana and pig gigs but wasn't in a position to go. I would love to hunt there one day.
Hmm... I have no idea where to start in setting something up. I'd be open to ideas though!
Malachi C.

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »
I was on the Solana hunt with BDann! That’s where I met him and another tradganger that I have become great friends with. We have shared several other adventures since then together.

Get something started Malachi!!!!!

Bisch

Offline stykshooter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 11:34:00 PM »
I hunted Texas Sweat with Curtis also good hunt meet some good guys too. Hunted with Doc ( TG sponsor & owner of Mule Creek Outfitting) on the same properties...

Offline BlacktailBowhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 12:44:00 AM »
If you guys put a javelina hunt together, I’m in.
Join a credible hunting organization, participate in it, and take a kid hunting. Member: U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance, NWTF, Oregon Hunter's Assn., Oregon Bow Hunters and  Oregon Foundation for Blacktailed Deer.

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 10:28:00 AM »
Ah...yeah...I'll post back later....

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline DanielB89

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 10:40:00 AM »
This is the exact reason I started the Boeuf Hog Hunt 3 years ago.  There weren't many option for hunts that I could manage.  Easiest way was to host one myself.  

"If you build it, they will come"

That's basically what happened here.  The first year of the hog hunt I had well over 30 people interested.  But, due to the location, I only had 12ish people there.  Last year we had 10 and we have loved it so much pretty much all 10 of the same guys are coming back, with a few extras of course.  

It's gotten to the point to where we have so many people we don't even mention it to anyone other than sharing the thread.  

I know Crittergetter has a hog hunt that he usually does in Tx that usually happens in a couple months.  

I would be interested, but doubt i'd be able.
"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7

"There is a way which seems right to a man,
But its end is the way of death."  Proverbs 14:12

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:45:00 AM »
Malachi....are you talking about the Solana deer/hog hunts or are you talking about the Hog Hunts in TX that were refereed to as TX Sweats?

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 01:28:00 PM »
We have been a tradgang sponsor since 2010.  We host several tradgang members on hog and javelina hunts here every year.  We have donated a hunt to the St Jude's auction every year since we started.  With some notice and preparation we would be able to host a group hunt again.

I was able to attend three of those west Texas hunts.  I enjoyed those get togethers, killed some hogs and met some fine friends in the process. The lease on the ranch where these hog and javy hunts were held became available to us and we hold hog and Javy hunts on them every year.

There are +/- 126 sections on the University Ranch and the Looney Ranch combined, in one contiguous block.  We maintain baited blinds on around 45 waterholes and hold hunts in January, February and sometimes in March. Archery only hunts, shots are set up for traditional archers.  Around half of our hunters shoot traditional gear.  We have two bunkhouses equipped with heat, kitchens, hot showers, bunks with a mattresses, skinning facilities, freezer space etc. so you won't have to rough it in a cold tent like we used to do on the Texas Sweat hunts.   We have tracking dogs on hand to retrieve your wounded game.  All at a reasonable price that has not changed since we began.  

We enjoy a high number of repeat clients with around 80% of hunters rebooking every year.  We have a large group taking up one bunkhouse every week for January and February this year and have smaller groups in the other bunkhouse.  We could take a few individuals or groups of 2-3 some weeks but are otherwise nearly full for January and February.  We have space for hunters in March but there is one caveat you should be aware of and that is the Javelina season closes at the end of February in counties north of the Pecos river.  We hunt right down to the Pecos, so no open Javelina season in March on our ranches.

We just started running one of the small square banner ads on the pow-wow page.  Click on the banner and you will be directed to our website home page.  We have a page devoted to our Texas hunts accessed by clicking on the left side button.   If there is any interest in putting together a group hunt we may be able to help.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 06:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Malachi....are you talking about the Solana deer/hog hunts or are you talking about the Hog Hunts in TX that were refereed to as TX Sweats?
Hey Terry! I was really talking about either/or. Just was wondering if something was still ongoing. I never knew the specifics of the hunts when they were taking place, just that it looked like buckets of fun.
Malachi C.

Offline huntingarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2018, 09:03:00 PM »
I would be interested in joining in.   :campfire:
IF MONEY TALKS MINE SAYS GOODBY

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2018, 09:34:00 PM »
I was on a number of the old Texas hunts including Texas Sweats with beachbowhunter and Missouri Sherpa among a bunch of others. Those were good times for sure and I made more great friends than I could count as a result.

I've also been back to hunt the ranch that John (Missouri Sherpa) now runs and can tell you that it's an excellent set up for exactly this kind of hunt.  For now at least my winter life had changed and I spend those months in Arizona with my wife. But eventually I want to get back there.

Someone should grab the bull by the horns and make one of these happen. Start a list of who's in, pick a date, and send some deposits. Life's  too short to let your dreams remain only dreams!
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline medic77

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2018, 09:51:00 PM »
This Missouri boy would love to do something like this.  Maybe a few of us could get together for a drive
You're Off to Great PLACES!
      Today is YOUR day!
You're MOUNTAIN is Waiting.
  So....Get on Your WAY!  - Dr. Seuss

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2018, 01:50:00 PM »
Maybe its time to rev up another TradGang Group Hunt.....

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2018, 06:02:00 PM »
Originally posted by Missouri Sherpa:
We have been a tradgang sponsor since 2010.  We host several tradgang members on hog and javelina hunts here every year.  We have donated a hunt to the St Jude's auction every year since we started.  With some notice and preparation we would be able to host a group hunt again.

We enjoy a high number of repeat clients with around 80% of hunters rebooking every year.  We have a large group taking up one bunkhouse every week for January and February this year and have smaller groups in the other bunkhouse.  We could take a few individuals or groups of 2-3 some weeks but are otherwise nearly full for January and February.  We have space for hunters in March but there is one caveat you should be aware of and that is the Javelina season closes at the end of February in counties north of the Pecos river.  We hunt right down to the Pecos, so no open Javelina season in March on our ranches.
Thanks for responding! All good info, and I really appreciate it. I looked at your website, and you are right, your prices are very competitive and fair. I must say I didn't realize how much a good hunt costs! I'd need a good while of penny pinching first.   :)
Malachi C.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©