3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Croatan National Forest  (Read 347 times)

Offline Nantahala Nut

• Trad Bowhunter
Croatan National Forest
« on: January 12, 2018, 06:09:00 PM »
Anyone hunt here or one of the other wmas nearby? I was thinking about hunting small game and hogs for a week.

Offline huskyarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Croatan National Forest
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2018, 02:14:00 PM »
Never been there, but good luck!!
------------
Dalton Lewis

Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Offline Duncan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
I used to hunt there in my younger days. Took my first buck there. It is very diverse and covers a huge territory. Much of it is basically tree farm but there are swamps, river eco-systems and pocosins. Areas that are not managed for timber are very thick. I mean Gum Swamp thick. We used to camp for several days and deer hunt. Also did some bird hunting for quail and snipe.  We would typically see deer,bear,turkey and lots of waterfowl. There are gators if you know where to look.
Member NCBA

Offline Bud B.

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:00 PM »
Get your rabbit dog on. Thick in spots is an understatement. Some areas are managed and have food plots and dove fields.

Search an aerial photo and find those areas with fields. Look for any rooting sign with an on-foot visit to those fields.

http://www.ncwildlife.org/Portals/0/Hunting/Game-Land-Maps/National-Forest/Croatan.pdf
TGMM Family of the Bow >>>>---------->

"You can learn more about deer hunting with a bow and arrow in a week, than a gun hunter might learn all his life." ----- Fred Bear

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©