3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Roger Rothhaar  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Roger Rothhaar
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2018, 06:19:00 PM »
Well I've been away for a couple days this is sad news indeed.... he was an encyclopedia... man what a shame I hope that tradgang can continue to carry on what's being left behind by some of these men that were pioneers ....these men of greatness.... even though Rodger wouldn't want to hear that this is the stuff that we're trying to preserve here on tradgang the stuff of Rodger, Fred Bear, Paul Shaffer, Howard Hill, Jack Howard and the lights that maybe one day people can look back and see where we all came from and it's not a forgotten past.

Godspeed to all those related to Roger bless his family as they move forward in this time of grieving.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline suburbanirma

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2018, 06:46:00 PM »
RIP, Roger. You were an inspiration to many of us.

Online wooddamon1

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2018, 06:52:00 PM »
Sad news, thoughts for the family. I'll be shooting Snuffer's for spring turkey in his honor. RIP, sir.
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Online Preston Lay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2018, 07:00:00 PM »
Sad to hear. He was truly a Whitetail master. I cherish both his books. God bless you Roger

Offline BWallace10327

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2018, 07:10:00 PM »
A true legend has passed....  Though I only knew the man through his writings and segment on Masters of the Barebow I, he helped my shooting as much as anyone I've never had the pleasure of meeting could.  My arrow will always be a lazer beam projecting from my bow.  Rodger Rothaar was one of the greats.
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Offline Quickblood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2018, 07:12:00 PM »
Wow, sad news indeed!  Roger was a great man and a huge inspiration for many of us.  I feel lucky to have met him and corresponded with him several times.  He is one of my all time favorite bowhunters and people.  My condolences to Ryan and the Rothhaar family.

Offline Homey88

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:00 PM »
Condolences to the family. He was a true legend!

Offline Jayrod

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2018, 07:55:00 PM »
What a legend indeed prayers to Ryan and family he surely will be missed RIP ROGER!
NRA Life member

Compton traditional bowhunter member

Offline The Night Stalker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2018, 08:00:00 PM »
Last Friday I was shooting with Bobby Worthington and Rodger had called. Talking about medical stuff and how he enjoyed reading about our PBS hog hunt. I know Bobby and him were close. Bobby text me to let me know that Rodger had passed and they had talked for a few hours yesterday.
I was shocked, life is short, take every opportunity you can live it.
Speed does not Kill, Silence Kills
Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2018, 08:06:00 PM »
Embracing the knowledge and friendship that Roger shared with many throughout the years remains a coveted gift.

Prayers for Roger, his family and all his friends.

And a prayer of thankfulness for the gift of Roger in our world.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2018, 08:12:00 PM »
Very sad news......RIP......   :pray:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Online stagetek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2018, 08:14:00 PM »
Sad news. Condolences to the family.

Offline Gene Wensel

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2018, 08:25:00 PM »
Roger was one of a kind for sure. He lived a life worth living and left a lasting impression in whitetail wisdom. I will miss him. I spoke with him for almost an hour just a few days ago. Barry, when you had to leave back in August, I stayed there with him for three more hours. We had a ball making fun of you! Many years ago, he and Jim Emerson came to the Bitterroot to hunt elk. I set them up in a good spot and they played cat and mouse with a couple bulls for over a week. Finally they came back into town with no headlights all the way down over Skalkaho Pass. They both took showers at my house. When they left, I pulled a bucket of body hair out of my shower drain! I wore rubber gloves the entire time! Roger told me he kept seeing the same cow elk four days in a row. I asked him how he was so sure it was the same cow elk? He told me he "recognized her ass." Good eye! Another time I was with them in a van when Roger was driving in Atlanta, GA traffic at night in a bad neighborhood. Jim kept yelling "GREEN LIGHT!" and Roger would slam on the brakes. I thought I would wet my pants when those two got going at each other. Another time I was driving through Great Falls, Montana with Roger when I got pulled over by a cop. When I handed the cop my drivers license, I pointed out that today was my birthday, thinking he might cut me some slack. He continued writing me a ticket. When the cop handed me the summons, he said, "Happy Birthday, Gene!" Roger didn't let it pass. Those were the days. I already miss him. Ryan, give me a call when you need help. I'll round up a crew. God bless you, Ronnie and your families.

Offline Buckeye1977

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2018, 08:39:00 PM »
Sorry to hear this he was definitely a pioneer in the deer hunting world. Prayers for his family
Nick

PBS Associate member
JD Berry Viper 62” 50@28

Offline Sam McMichael

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2018, 08:45:00 PM »
It is always sad to lose such a fine person. Prayers for Roger and his family.
Sam

Online imbowhunt10

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2018, 09:04:00 PM »
I met Roger back in the 80's when I decided to stop by his home in Oceola, Ohio. Needless to say when I left a few hours later, some of his snuffers went with me. I can't say much more than what great things about a great man has already been said. You will be missed, but never forgotten.
Never measure the mountain until you have reached the top, then you will see how low it is.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2018, 09:18:00 PM »
Always sad to see one of the great ones go...Prayers sent to the family..
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline elkken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #57 on: January 16, 2018, 09:21:00 PM »
Always respect your elders ... RIP Roger
Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline SERGIO VENNERI

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #58 on: January 16, 2018, 09:26:00 PM »
Wow ! I am still reeling from this sad news! I just had a lengthy at least hour long conversation with Roger yesterday evening all he spoke about was how poorly he was feeling . As his phone battery was petering out i told him i would call him back tonite and we said good bye .
Roger and i first met in 1976 on my way to Springfield Ohio , he gave me instructions which included "do not pass the crossroad " when i saw the ocelot sign, guess what i drove right thru the cross road and by his home!
During the 80's Roger, Donnie Assenheimer , and Jim Emerson spent much time hunting Bears from my home in Northern Ontario ,we had so much fun , Jim had an especially great sense of humour! WE shot many Bears, watched the Northern lights at night and enjoyed the company of many other bowhunters I was guiding.
I could right a book my self on Roger, he was an exceptional hunter, had a heart of gold , shared hunting info freely and hunted for all the right reason's.
I'll miss you Roger RIP

Online smokin joe

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #59 on: January 16, 2018, 09:41:00 PM »
I crossed paths with Roger a number of times in the 1980s. I enjoyed talking with him about deer and broadheads and hunting. I still have a copy of a book he inscribed for me. He was one of a kind and his influence on bow hunting will last for generations. RIP Roger. Flights of angels.
TGMM
Compton
PBS
Trad Gang Hall of Fame

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©