3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Time with an old friend  (Read 422 times)

Offline tradarcher816

• Trad Bowhunter
Time with an old friend
« on: January 17, 2018, 09:09:00 PM »
So I have gone a long time without so much as stringing my bow. A bad mix of busy schedule and low morale from a couple seasons of “tag soup” have kept me from shooting. But we had a good snow here today and work was called off. After my pup and me took a long walk in the woods I heard the call of an old friend. And this time I answered. I strung my black widow and me and the pup spent quite a while flinging arrow after arrow. With each release and thump of arrow on target I could feel the old flame relighting. With each draw and loose I could hear the voice of a long lost friend. I can’t believe I went so long with out shooting. Anyone else out there been crazy enough to go without shooting for far too long? I must have temporarily lost my mind. Here’s to reuniting with old friends and and rekindled hopes for future seasons.
Love God, Love your neighbor.

Offline Trumpkin the Dwarf

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Time with an old friend
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2018, 09:17:00 PM »
I went two years without shooting when I first moved to Texas. That was a rough go of it to work back into my 70 lb longbow.
Malachi C.

Black Widow PMA 64" 43@32"

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2018, 09:31:00 PM »
Had a spell that I did not shoot a bow back in the 80's. Got caught up gun hunting in the Adirondacks for a few years. Then I stumbled on an old Bear Kodiak Hunter in a gun shop and my friends ship was renewed. Haven't put a bow down since and almost never hunt with a firearm any more. Also my gun rack has shrunk and my bow rack has exploded..........lol. It is a great way to spend time, just flinging arrows........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline styksnstryngs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2018, 11:03:00 AM »
Trumpkin, I moved to Texas a year ago and I'm just getting back into it.

Offline DeerSpotter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2018, 01:37:00 PM »
I have been out of it for about five years, just now getting back to it. Mine was not having the space for it, and also a couple of bad shoulders.  I'm having to start with a lower bondage, but I think I will be better than I was shooting before.  

I sold all my bows that I had before.  But now I get to get some new ones.  One is a Pika from Dan !  And the other one is an Osprey from Chad.  How sad can a guy be about that  !!!  Brian Sorrells has been talking common sense in his book on longbows.  I think I'll just start all over, and work my way up.  I think it will be enjoyable.  When you are sensible about it the only other alternative is to give up.  That's not a way to go !  

Your own Best competition is yourself !

Carl
--------------------------
 Heb.13:5-6

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©